Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid doesn't have a coat!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 96 Replies
Long story short, it's very cold today. Below freezing. We live in the desert and the weather can be weird, so we layer a lot rather than putting on winter gear. Our 10 month old has long sleeve onesies, a light sweater, and a heavy sweater. I combine them depending on the temp.

So this morning I was getting ready to take dh to work, and I wanted to just leave ds in his jammies and put his heavy sweater and pants on over them. Heavy sweater is no where to be found. I get pissed because I'm not the one who lost it. Dh moves shit around where it isn't supposed to be and then forgets he even saw it. What does he do? Tells me it's no big deal, ds will be fine, blah blah blah. Same thing he always says when I get upset about something like that. Well guess what? I'm the momma and I say it isn't fine. I'm the one who went to walmart and bought that sweater so ds would be warm enough. I'm the one who has to tear the house apart looking for it. And I'm the one who will be taking care of a sick baby if he catches a chill. Still he acts like I'm overreacting and my opinion doesn't matter. It's so fucking frustrating! I'm a sahm. Taking care of ds is my job and I do it well. It's important to me that he is well cared for and has everything he needs. Sometimes I feel like no one in my family takes that seriously at all.
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Bump
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM
La la la
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I can't think of a more dramatic title...
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Bump?
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
So hide something of his and tell him it's no big deal? Sometimes people have to be on the receiving end of things for it to finally click.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashthecat
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

He can't drive himself to work? That way the baby doesn't have to go out in the cold. 

Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Chill, its just a sweater and it will turn up.  Put a blanket on him and he will be fine.  

myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
He's legally blind and can't drive. I take him every day and don't have a problem with it. Ds would be fine if I had use of what I bought for him.

Quoting ashthecat:

He can't drive himself to work? That way the baby doesn't have to go out in the cold. 

myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I thought about it, but that seemed sort of petty. Still trying to decide if petty would be a bad thing lol.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

So hide something of his and tell him it's no big deal? Sometimes people have to be on the receiving end of things for it to finally click.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you need a few more sweaters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured