Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Annual pap smear experience o.0

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
I went in today expecting to see my ob/gyn but instead I had a student in training. She was very nice & look to be in her 50s. Anyways she starts asking me questions & was awesome to talk to. She starts to do a breast exam on me. She felt a bump & told me she will have my dr take a look at it after my pap smear. So here I am laying down tryin not to worry about the "bump" while she did my pap smear. OMG!!!! It was a painful experience having that pap smear done!!!! I was clenching like crazy & praying that it wouldn't hurt any worse than it did at that point. She was apologetic & I understood but like hurry the fuck up!!!! When she was done, my Dr came in & checked my right breast. She said it was a breast region & it was smooth & movable. So it was no concern. Thank goodness! But that whole experience... I hope for my annual pap smear, that the year will move very,very slowly. It left me sick to my stomach=P. Have you ever experienced something like that?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM
The nurse did your pap? How odd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I don't know what her title was. She said she was a student in training. I though ok because she seem very nice. Ok..Ok.. I thought because she was Asian, she would know what she was doing.

Quoting kiddycat73:

greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I dont do paps
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I had one done on Monday and my Dr gave me no warning,just tossed my legs up and stuck 3 freaking fingers in me,all while keeping eye contact. I was sore all afternoon. lol

greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Asian? Thats kind of messed up isnt it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know what her title was. She said she was a student in training. I though ok because she seem very nice. Ok..Ok.. I thought because she was Asian, she would know what she was doing.

Quoting kiddycat73:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

if you are in good health, there is no reason for annual pap smears--

abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
That's weird. I've never had a nurse do a pap. And there always has to be 2 people in the room before the doctor can start.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I do pap smear because they had found an abnormal pap smear after I had my 1st child. It was due to a cell that may have been pre cancerous. I don't remember but I do know to keep up with my pap smears.

Quoting greenlove2013:

I dont do paps

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
What does being Asian have to do with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kiddycat73:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I didn't have 2 people in the room. I didn't know that was a requirement.

Quoting abrine7673:

That's weird. I've never had a nurse do a pap. And there always has to be 2 people in the room before the doctor can start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)