Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wonderful my house is haunted

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 206 Replies
1 mom liked this

When we moved into our house seven years ago, the previous owners had joked to us that the place was haunted but we never really believed him. My husband and I were both skeptics about the paranormal and we brushed off the mans remarks. We probably should have paid a little more attention. Everything really began about two weeks after we welcomed our daughter Allison, at first it was the baby monitor. It would turn off and on in the middle of the night, sometimes you could even hear old-time jazz music but we chalked it up to our monitor picking up someone elses house. Couple of days later the lights in Ally's room would flicker and dim everytime she would cry if she was alone. Again we figured hey its an old house random things are bound to occur. Years passed and nothing really happened for about four years until our son, Asher was born. It amped up then. Doors closing by themselves, dark figures outside Allys' room that would scare the crap out of her. Lights that would mysteriously come on at 4am when nobody was in that part of the house. One night we distinctly heard our coffee maker turn on at 3:30 in the morning. Nobody was in the kitchen, and a few moments later Ally screamed out when her door closed.

Needless to say we started to believe that something other-worldy was taking place in our home. We had the house blessed by our priest and my sister who is a youth leader came in and said some prayers in each room, and we did a smudging.

It's been three years since Asher was born and just a few days ago everything started happening again. I went into the laundry room and found every article of clothing strewn on the floor. Ally was at school and Asher was asleep, our dogs were outside so it wasnt them. Yesterday afternoon while A&A were gone with DH to visit my mom I took a shower, when I got out someone had written "Watch You" on our mirror it disappeared in a few moments.

WHAT THE HELL is going on! I'm so scared of being alone here now and I dont like my kids being in the house. Moving is not an option as my husbands job is based here and we bought this house I dont want to sell it and buy another especially because of a damn ghost. I'm calling the priest again see if he can come out. This is insanity.

Ever had a haunting or no someone that has?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM
9 moms liked this
Wow. Just don't use an ouja board.
miss-karla
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM
This

Quoting poshkat:

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like another episode of A Haunting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I was talking about this to my husband today. Weird things have been going on upstairs. I mentioned it in another post there is a group that sent me an invite. I will look in my inbox and give you the group name. Maybe they can help you. And I agree never use a weji board how ever you spell that lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this
" simply paranormal" and" haunted realm" are the two I know of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting poshkat:

Oh HELL no! I know better  than to mess with that brand of crazy. Its almost a legend in my family how my great-great aunt used to invite people over and would terrify them by trying to communicate with the dead. She was batshit nuts crazy, I swear sometimes I think it's her damn ghost that's causing all this insanity

la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

have someone come out and do a cleaning, i understand you are catholic, but you might want to call in a witch

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Quoting Nicoleb9:

That's not funny. I really never believed in ghosts or anything demonic or other-worldly. Aside from my Great-Great Aunt who dabbled in some very occult things most of my family is extremely religious and they are always saying that I need to start praying over my house and my family for protection. Possibly not a terrible idea now that this stuff is going on

Kaitlin123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
You can post pics of your house in the haunted realm and tell you what's going on and who's there and how to get rid of of the idiot ghost
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Meh. I don't believe in it at all. I played with Ouija boards at countless sleepovers as a child and my own kids have one in their stash of board games along with Monopoly, Candy Land, Checkers, etc. It's nothing but mild entertainment for 15 minutes max while people make it spell out funny answers to the questions, and then it gets boring.
I stopped believing in the paranormal altogether quite a while ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

That's not funny. I really never believed in ghosts or anything demonic or other-worldly. Aside from my Great-Great Aunt who dabbled in some very occult things most of my family is extremely religious and they are always saying that I need to start praying over my house and my family for protection. Possibly not a terrible idea now that this stuff is going on

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)