Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm donating my kids' unused presents from last Christmas to charity this year

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 157 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have to do it on the down low so none of the kids' relatives find out about it. I put toys in my closet and take them out through out the year since my kids are blessed by being the only children in a very large and generous family. I didn't get around to taking these toys out or they were duplicates.

Does anyone else do this?

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:28 PM

DS typically does not get duplicates, but every year his one cousin gets him something he won't play with. I don't get it, I tell her every year what he wants when she asks, and she always gets him something I have mentioned in previous conversations he isn't really into. I just donate them the next year or whenever I am cleaning house and have donations for the church.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:29 PM
3 moms liked this

oh ya I mean god bless me I only give used things away to those in need.

The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

No but my kids aren't treated that way (by family) but if they were, I'd do the same.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe she is getting mixed up? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

DS typically does not get duplicates, but every year his one cousin gets him something he won't play with. I don't get it, I tell her every year what he wants when she asks, and she always gets him something I have mentioned in previous conversations he isn't really into. I just donate them the next year or whenever I am cleaning house and have donations for the church.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, by the time four kids are done playing with our toys, they aren't really able to be donated but we do donate tons of clothes throughout the year. *shrug*

Quoting thetrollcat:

oh ya I mean god bless me I only give used things away to those in need.

abecee
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM

We give

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We go through toys and donate every year before birthdays and Christmas. I see no point in keeping something my kids don't play with. They pick them out and they go with me to take them to a local shelter with me. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM

The biggest reason is that our kids are the only ones in the family and everyone likes watching kids open presents. I mean, that's the best part of Christmas, right?  My grandfather is elderly and gets a kick out of bringing a big sackful of toys for the kids. The kids don't care that grandpa shops at the Dollar Store or a used book store, either. They are thankful for anything since we don't buy any toys except on Christmas and birthdays. lol

Quoting The.Last.Rebel:

No but my kids aren't treated that way (by family) but if they were, I'd do the same.

Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Sure do. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM

We do toy clean outs at the end of every summer and winter. The kids don't really trash things but they play with them until they are d.o.n.e. There aren't a lot that can even go to the places my church supports.

Quoting Anonymous:

We go through toys and donate every year before birthdays and Christmas. I see no point in keeping something my kids don't play with. They pick them out and they go with me to take them to a local shelter with me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN