Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

9 stages of a drunk boyfriend/husband/SO (in gifs!)

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 27 Replies
6 moms liked this

We have all been there. A casual happy hour turns into a dark, drunken blur where one can’t remember how many or what type of alcohol has been consumed. We all pay the price. But no one is more predictable than the Drunk Boyfriend. The men in our lives who behave so uniquely in our daily lives turn into the same manwhen wasted. The predictability of each stage of a boyfriend’s intoxication is almost comforting.

The 9 Stages Of A Drunk Boyfriend (In GIFs!)

Stage 1: The functioning drunk who doesn’t realize how drunk he is. If you’re out together, he attempts to pick you up at the bar, all suave-like, like you’ve never met before. If you’re out separately, he booty texts you.

Stage 2: The non-functioning drunk who still refuses to admit he’s drunk. The order of the words coming out of his mouth don’t make sense, but you decipher his hand gestures to maintain communication.

Stage 3: The non-functioning drunk who finally recognizes his intoxication. After chugging the glass of water you’ve handed him, he agrees it’s time to head home — but suggests sexual activities when you get there. Yeah, right.

Stage 4: The drunk with the spins. He finds the first piece of furniture to sink into and refuses to move or change. You consider feeding him carbs, but he’s already snoring.

Stage 5: The blacked out, vomiting drunk. Awoken by a noise, you realize your boyfriend removed all clothes and found his way to the bathroom. His relatively good aim has saved you from a night of cleaning. You debate picking his now NAKED body off the cold tile floor but realize you are unable to lift him. You check vitals and cover him with blanket.

Stage 6: The still tipsy, cuddly drunk. You wake up as the sun is rising and discover your snoring, naked boyfriend in bed attempting to cuddle. You roll over and enjoy a few more hours of sleep.

Stage 7: The suddenly hungover drunk-no-longer. He questions why he has a headache but not why he’s naked. Upon hearing the story, he swears to never drink again. Administer aspirin and water to boyfriend. Suggest more sleep.

Stage 8: The recovered drunk. Give him Gatorade, eggs, bacon and a bagel. “I’m not even hungover,” he announces.

Stage 9: The ready to party again drunk. Everything has returned to normal. The smile has returned to your boyfriend’s face. That smile turns into suggestive looks as your boyfriend realizes your close proximity and his own nudity. You insist that he brush his teeth and shower first. He asks for a beer in the meantime.

Have you experienced these stages with a boyfriend, husband or significant other? 

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol!! Love this. Yes and tonight me and so are having some drinks :)) can't wait until he gets here to show him this lol.

Luckily I've never had to put him to bed and he has never been sick lol
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you already drunk? LOL

Quoting ninjakids:

Lol!! Love this. Yes and tonight me and so are having some drinks :)) can't wait until he get here to saw him this lol.

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:30 PM

lol!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting ninjakids:

Lol!! Love this. Yes and tonight me and so are having some drinks :)) can't wait until he get here to saw him this lol.

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow. Lol. To be fair, I went to clinical on 2 hours of sleep and just woke up (literally lol). Auto correct hates me lol

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting ninjakids:

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM

BUMP!

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM

BUMP!

GrumpyGritchy
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally guilty of them all.....my dh is a drunk that has style abd grace but not me lmao
the_dude
by abides on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:38 PM

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)