Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 year old with a bottle?? WTH ??

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 159 Replies
So I was out shopping today and was in the mall well I was standing in line waiting to check out and this girl was screaming, she was about 2-3 her mother pulled out a bottle with some type of red liquid. I have no right to judge anyone, but that was a little crazy ? A 2 year old walking around talking with a bottle?

My first son stopped takin the bottle at 9 months.
My second son is only 2 months so he's still on it and play to quit around 9 or 10.

When did you guys stop the bottle or quit nursing?
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I think my 2nd son was 2 1/2ish. My other kids were all under a year, around 10 months.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:32 PM
My son will be 2 in jean and he just weaned (nursing only. No bottle )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiniowien
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:32 PM

She stopped fully at 13 months she was only at her nighttime bottle from 10 months 

AllyB_
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM

oh nooo. I bet it was juice. That poor kids teeth! My twins had bottles until they were almost 18 months old. It was suuuuch a bad habit and I was soo stressed about it. I remember thinking "JC they're going to go to college with those things in their mouths"  It was a tough habit for us to break! I'm so glad I got them off, and I wish I had done it sooner but it's done now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I babysit kids and one just got off the bottle and he is going on 3 next month. The youngest is 16 months and still has a bottle and just got taken off the pacifier a few months ago. My own kids they were a year old when I got rid of the bottle.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM

We do a bottle til 18 mo

dlnimo
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:35 PM
My twins were 11 months and my oldest was around 14 months.
angiejones256
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Both my kids stopped on there first bday :-D
homeschoolmom9
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I nurse until 3yr
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Bottles don't bother me in the least. Two of my kids were off by a year and two weren't/aren't. I don't put juice in them, but I don't see a difference between that and sucking on a sippy cup. It's their comfort object.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)