Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are poor, if you bash the poor, if you'll never be poor, if you have been poor, if you have a heart COME READ THIS!!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 102 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's too long to post the whole article, but it's the MOST honest look at it, at the feelings of it, I have ever read.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-tirado/why-poor-peoples-bad-decisions-make-perfect-sense_b_4326233.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM
6 moms liked this
Seriously that's the most pathetic thing I've ever read. All she does is make excuse after excuse for why she is poor and can't do any better and then at the end asks for money In a fund she set up. And she said the thing about having kids and people getting mad about that but even madder if you have abortion . Guess what wear a condom !!! If you can't afford them track your periods and when your most likely fertile don't have sex. This article is ridiculous. Waste of time .
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM

This has been posted on a few separate occasions today.

I am neutral on this article because it's an opinion piece and honestly, we've all got our own bridges to build.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I liked it. That's reality for a lot of poor people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It really is. I thought it was a very honest piece.

Quoting Devious333:

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM
5 moms liked this

Oh fuck off. Really. Those aren't excuses. They are feelings. That is how it FEELS. When you are at the bottome it FEELS like you will never make it up, people like you make it that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously that's the most pathetic thing I've ever read. All she does is make excuse after excuse for why she is poor and can't do any better and then at the end asks for money In a fund she set up. And she said the thing about having kids and people getting mad about that but even madder if you have abortion . Guess what wear a condom !!! If you can't afford them track your periods and when your most likely fertile don't have sex. This article is ridiculous. Waste of time .

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Yep! Poor people often have interesting stories. Have you read Angela's Ashes?

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Quoting Devious333:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charmgirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It hits home. I like it
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Didn't realize it had been posted. Been gone all day and got home, saw it on facebook and posted without checking. It's honestly more that opinion. It's how it really feels to be that poor. It feels like you can't get up, no matter what. I have been there. Luckily I met a wonderful man who pulled me up, but it's not that way for everyone. A lot of people don't have anyone to pull them out of the despair extreme poverty can cause.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

This has been posted on a few separate occasions today.

I am neutral on this article because it's an opinion piece and honestly, we've all got our own bridges to build.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM

No, I haven't. Is it a book?

Quoting Devious333:

Yep! Poor people often have interesting stories. Have you read Angela's Ashes?

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Quoting Devious333:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM

does it have anything about constipation in the story?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)