Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Circumcision is a sex crime?! S/o posts

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 127 Replies
I there is this post going on "If you mutilated your son" and when the OP was asked why she cared about someone else's sons penis she replied

"The same reason we are worried when little girls get beat and raped and assaulted.

Circumcision is mutilation, and it's mutilation of the genitals= a sex crime. Lets start cutting off ear lobes and labias while we're at it."

What do you think? Obviously if you circ'd, you don't feel that way.

But let's just say a 2 year old was kidnapped and circ'd without a numbing agent, that would be a sex crime, but when the same thing is done by a doctor, it isn't. What, in your opinion, makes one ok vs. the other not ok?

THIS IS NOT AN ANTI/PRO CIRC POST, I JUST WANT YOUR OPINION ON WHAT THE OTHER OP SAID

*just to be clear before someone says something about my view on the matter, I don't really have one at the moment. I never thought about it like this before.
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilypad12788
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM
6 moms liked this
That lady is ape shit crazy.

Too bad lack of common sense isn't a crime.

Circumcision is not a sex crime and it's not anyone's business but the parents what goes on with a boys penis.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this
Because one is done with consent and the other is not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
12 moms liked this

Parents are responsible for their children until they're 18. During that time it's inevitable that some choices are going to be made without the child's consent, that's just how life is. We have that right because they are our kids, we created them and we do what we think is best for them. Some parents choose to circ, some choose to pierce their ears, some choose to vaccinate, some choose to formula feed, and the list just goes on and on. The key thing is that they're choices that the parents make, no one else has the right. So if a child is kidnapped, ANYTHING done to that child is wrong. 

DreaM86
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Ffs. It is not a sex crime. She is fucking psycho and way too concerned about other people's son's penises
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, it is genital mutilation and the same procedure for women is now illegal. Why can't men have equal protection?
JessMc33
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I don't think it's a sex crime, but I do think it's mutilation. So I half agree I suppose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Yes but its done with the consent of the parents and not the child. If the parents gave their consent for someone to rape their infant wouldn't that be a sex crime?

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Because one is done with consent and the other is not.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

No I don't think it is. 

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM
i dont think it should be standard, but done for religious or medical reasons mostly. I dont agree really with taking a parents choice away but do wish more parents would take th time to be educated on the subject and try and look at it objectively before making a decision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN