Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me I'm not the only one

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I had a fourth degree tear from giving birth to my third son.  Basically ripped me all the way through.  I had to have surgery to repair the damage.  The surgery was 6 months ago now but I still have trouble controlling BMs.    Please tell me I'm not the only one and please tell me it gets better with time.   I hate having to always carry flushable wipes and an extra pair of underwear in my purse.  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM

BUMP!

TheDrsRose
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM

:(

NataliaLinny
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM
BMs???
question.able
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Shits.

Quoting NataliaLinny:

BMs???

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:38 AM

poops

Quoting NataliaLinny:

BMs???

and OP, i dont have that problem, but i can assure you you arent the only one. people arent going to talk about it tho. you might get more common ground with people that have fistulas...

kamrynlily07
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM
You aren't the only one! I had a 4th degree tear with my son & had to have a reconstruction 10 months later. Thankfully my reconstruction was successful & I have had no problems. I would go back to the surgeon and explain your problems. So sorry you are going through this! PM me if you want to talk. Hugs!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM

LOL -- had a fistula too... ugh...  this has been an absolutely horrifying experience.   

Quoting kissmiss213:

poops

Quoting NataliaLinny:

BMs???

and OP, i dont have that problem, but i can assure you you arent the only one. people arent going to talk about it tho. you might get more common ground with people that have fistulas...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM

They determined that my surgery was successful.  I guess that's why I don't understand why I keep having problems.  I thought maybe it just went away with time or something.

Quoting kamrynlily07:

You aren't the only one! I had a 4th degree tear with my son & had to have a reconstruction 10 months later. Thankfully my reconstruction was successful & I have had no problems. I would go back to the surgeon and explain your problems. So sorry you are going through this! PM me if you want to talk. Hugs!!

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM

:( that is just horrifying. i really really hope that you get better. is there any sort of PT that can be done for it? i know that there is for incontinence, so i would assume...

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL -- had a fistula too... ugh...  this has been an absolutely horrifying experience.   

Quoting kissmiss213:

poops

Quoting NataliaLinny:

BMs???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM

There is PT that I did before the surgery.  I would have to wait for a new insurance plan year to start though (in January) because I think I had only 12 PT appts that were covered and they used them all pre-surgery.   I am totally kicking myself for insisting on a VBAC.  Should've just let them do a C-Section.   Grrrrr.

Quoting kissmiss213:

:( that is just horrifying. i really really hope that you get better. is there any sort of PT that can be done for it? i know that there is for incontinence, so i would assume...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kissmiss213:

poops

Quoting NataliaLinny:

BMs???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured