Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Discovered my cousin's daughter has a FB page

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

She is 11 and very boy crazy. She is using some other person's picture as her profile picture. Her "mom" is on her friendslist and can see her friending adult MEN. My grandma has custody and I know has no clue she has this. I will be telling her when I visit next week. I know it is going to cause a family fight and stress my grandma out but feel it is important to protect the girl. Am I wrong?

edit to add

she has it listed she is in high school. I know it is her bc of the spelling of her name, the things she says on her mom's page, and some of her dad's family are her friends too. She is not supposed to be talking to some of them bc they are druggies

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM
No but what makes you so positive its her and not some other girl
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

If she wasn't friending adult men and it was supervised by someone who gave a crap what she was doing, I wouldn't see the big deal. In this case, I think you should step in and say something. 

3brown1blue
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

HOW ARE YOU 100% CERTAIN THAT IT'S ACTUALLY HER???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:54 AM

The spelling of her name and the things she writes on her mom's page 

Quoting Anonymous:

No but what makes you so positive its her and not some other girl

homeschoolmom9
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Quoting 3brown1blue:

HOW ARE YOU 100% CERTAIN THAT IT'S ACTUALLY HER???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:55 AM

If it was innocent, I wouldn't but her talking about texting some man from her room is scary

Quoting motherslove82:

If she wasn't friending adult men and it was supervised by someone who gave a crap what she was doing, I wouldn't see the big deal. In this case, I think you should step in and say something. 

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I would do what I could to put a stop to that for sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it was innocent, I wouldn't but her talking about texting some man from her room is scary

Quoting motherslove82:

3brown1blue
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:00 AM

IF SHE IS PRETENDING TO BE OLDER THAN WHAT SHE RElLY IS...SHECLEARLY DOESNT' REALIZE THE DANGER IN THIS. SHE'S 11 YEARS OLD. SHE NEEDS TO BE AWARE OF WHAT CAN HAPPEN. IF SHE CONTINUES...THEN SHE NEEDS A GOOD OLD ASS WHOOPING.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:03 AM

It makes me sad that her own dumbass mom supports it. It would be nice if one of her parents weren't lousy. Her page is public too. Looks like she opened it in May. My grandma doesn't have email or anything and doesn't know how to work a computer. I suspect she is posting from her iPod or kindle and my grandma doesn't know how to work them to dig deeper. 

Quoting 3brown1blue:

IF SHE IS PRETENDING TO BE OLDER THAN WHAT SHE RElLY IS...SHECLEARLY DOESNT' REALIZE THE DANGER IN THIS. SHE'S 11 YEARS OLD. SHE NEEDS TO BE AWARE OF WHAT CAN HAPPEN. IF SHE CONTINUES...THEN SHE NEEDS A GOOD OLD ASS WHOOPING.

3brown1blue
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:09 AM

but how are you 100% certain??? Is she using her phone number or email on her fake profile???

Quoting Anonymous:

It makes me sad that her own dumbass mom supports it. It would be nice if one of her parents weren't lousy. Her page is public too. Looks like she opened it in May. My grandma doesn't have email or anything and doesn't know how to work a computer. I suspect she is posting from her iPod or kindle and my grandma doesn't know how to work them to dig deeper. 

Quoting 3brown1blue:

bouncing momcowgirltattoodrinking beer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)