Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Men and women can't be "just friends"

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:11 AM
  • 42 Replies
2 moms liked this
I've heard this so many times. It made me wonder- if that's true, can gay men be just friends with other guys? Can a lesbian be just friends with other women? And who the hell is a bisexual person supposed to be friends with?
As a bisexual woman myself, I can say there are plenty of people whose company I enjoy, but have no desire to sleep with. That goes for both women and men.
Do you think people can be friends with people who happen to be the same gender they are oriented toward?
Eta: I was thinking this because I mentioned to a friend if mine that DH was hanging out with a friend, who happens to be female. They've been friends for over a decade. My friend thinks something must be up, because men and women can't be just friends. I told her she was full of it, and reminded her that I am bisexual and manage to have platonic relationships with men and women. I'm pretty certain straight people can too.
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandaday
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Bump
Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:21 AM
I believe people can be JUST friends.
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Yes.
shmitts
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:22 AM

This is bullshit. I have male friends that I have no deire to sleep with, and the feeling is mutual.

I think there are people who can't handle it, though.

cybcm
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Apparently if you're bisexual you can't have any friends, haha.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I've got guy friends and my husband has girl friends. Neither one of us care who we talk to and no we won't sleep with any of our friends, 

mandaday
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Exactly. I really hope I'm not expected to sleep with all my friends, or even have sexual tension with them. My other option is no friends if that's true.

Quoting cybcm:

Apparently if you're bisexual you can't have any friends, haha.

TemptingFate
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:25 AM
So stupid. If that was true, no one would be friend zoned. Hell, the term friend zoned wouldn't even exist.
I'm friends with guys I have no interest in anything but friendship. My husband is friends with women he has no interest in anything but friendship with. One of his best friends is a female.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Exactly

Quoting Seagodess:

I believe people can be JUST friends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I believe women can be friends with anyone, I do however think men having female friends is a bit more tricky. You know damn well he has envisioned her naked at least once per hour lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured