Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you say something or let it go?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 36 Replies
Yesterday my dad and I went to dinner at Olive Garden and we decided to order the special that let's you pick from a small menu and then you can take another meal home....my plan was to eat the second meal as my lunch today.

You don't have to order the same dish you ordered for dinner but it must still be on the list.

I ordered the chicken dish but wanted the ravioli for lunch tomorrow. My dad ordered the chicken dinner but wanted the spaghetti for lunch.

She brings our bags to the table and we take them and go home. When we got to the house and opened the bags we realized she gave us both the chicken.

If I liked the chicken I would've just laughed and went on, the thing is I didn't like it at all and would rather have the ravioli. My dad liked the chicken so he was fine with eating that for lunch.

So should I just throw it away and chalk it up to a lesson learned....that I need to check the bag before I leave. Or should I call and explain what happened and ask for the ravioli?

I don't want to get our waitress in trouble and I know it was an honest mistake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:32 AM

toss it and chalk it up as a lesson.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Call accidents happen they wont get in trouble. But please dont throw it away so it waisting... Some poor would of liked that plate of chiken. If you plan on throwing just five the plate to your dad instead he likes it and will eat it. So give it to your dad or call your choice. *edit: i saw that you just said you went last night, its too late to call now so you have no choice but to keep it. Give it to your dad. Are somebody else at home but not rhe garbage.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM
That's what I'm leaning towards and why I didn't call them last night. Lol I really wanted the ravioli! I might have to go back for lunch today :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM
He lives 45 minutes from me, I asked him before he left if he wanted it because I was going to throw it away otherwise and he said he didn't want it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call accidents happen they wont get in trouble. But please dont throw it away so it waisting... Some poor would of liked that plate of chiken. If you plan on throwing just five the plate to your dad instead he likes it and will eat it. So give it to your dad or call your choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Give it to somebody else who lives with you.

Quoting Roxygurl:

He lives 45 minutes from me, I asked him before he left if he wanted it because I was going to throw it away otherwise and he said he didn't want it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call accidents happen they wont get in trouble. But please dont throw it away so it waisting... Some poor would of liked that plate of chiken. If you plan on throwing just five the plate to your dad instead he likes it and will eat it. So give it to your dad or call your choice.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM
My fiancé and son aren't here and won't be back till Tuesday so there is no one else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Wow you are such a waister. Throwing out a fresh meal in the garbage. Just eat it your not a freaking kid. Stop being so picky.

Quoting Roxygurl:

My fiancé and son aren't here and won't be back till Tuesday so there is no one else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yogamom08
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I would let it to. It's a good lesson.
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Lol what the hell? I'm not going to eat something I don't like even if that means I *gasp* throw it away. I am an adult so I don't have someone forcing me to eat something I don't like.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow you are such a waister. Throwing out a fresh meal in the garbage. Just eat it your not a freaking kid. Stop being so picky.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)