Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Wrong For Caving In Too My Daughter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 210 Replies
My 16 dd has Bipolar with pychosis, adhd. Everyday is an arguement an stuggle just for peace. Everything she says is a lie she can't just seem to tell the thruth no what it is. I have 3 other children at home besides her.
Every time she ask to go somewhere I just say Bye w/o asking any questions I did it at my dad house last weekend we got in a heated debate about me just letting her go like that But I tried to get him to understand whenI do ask it turns into a argument about where she is going an I clearly know she is lying about her destination
He feels I am wrong for caving an just letting her go.
Ok let me add I have her in reg therapy an behavioral intervention therapy.she has has 2 support workers an 2 therapist as well. She put her behavior therapist an support workers in a situation that nearly resulted in me having a 3 cps case brought against me they were so upset they ended their services with us

AGAIN I DON'T FEEL IM A BAD PARENT.STRESSED YES BUT BAD NO.THOSE WHO DONT HAVE AN EXPLOSIVE, BIPOLAR, ADHD CHILD I DONT THINK U UNDERSTAND THE STRESS IT LAYS ON U&WHAT IS CONSIDERED TEXTBOOK PARENTING.I TAKE ALL ADVICE I HAVE GOTTEN ON HERE AN WILL TRY THEM OUT.BUT IF U HAVE NEVED WALKED A MILE IN THESE STRESS BOOTS U WONT KNOW.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM
9 moms liked this
Be her parent. Obviously the way you are treating her is contributing to her bad behavior.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Its easier in the moment. However in the long term, you are not doing her any favors. I have been there with a strong willed and combative teenager so I understand but sometimes you have to put on your big girl panties and stand your ground.
Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM
You're her parent. Start acting like one
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this
You have to parent your kid, arguments or not.
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Be her parent. Obviously the way you are treating her is contributing to her bad behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok I have done everything from punishment to taking away privileges, even talking to her openly.
Throw me a suggestion that will help me out

Quoting Anonymous:

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Is she medicated? That sounds like out of control teen syndrome, not adhd or bi polar. I'm very worried about the psychosis part though, and you're just letting her run wild with a condition that puts her at great risk to others. What is it she has lie about, drinking, boys? You should know drinking/certain with her condition is a BAD idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I have did everything but put her out in the streets. I honestly tried every suggestion her therapist gave.
Any new suggestions I am open to

Quoting bleumonster:

Its easier in the moment. However in the long term, you are not doing her any favors. I have been there with a strong willed and combative teenager so I understand but sometimes you have to put on your big girl panties and stand your ground.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Throw me a good parenting suggestion

Quoting Okie-chick:

You're her parent. Start acting like one

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I think her outbursts may be contributed to the fact she knows you'll cave. What if something happens? Like she doesn't come home. The police ask where she was she was going? You've got nothing. Or she ends up pregnant. Also that's not a good example for your other kids. They will want to have the same treatment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)