Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stocking Stuffers....Always at a loss

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 50 Replies
Every year I have a hard time thinking of things to put in my hubby's and kids stockings. I have a 7 year old girl and 6 year old boy.
What do you do?
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katemckenzie
by Kate on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Loads?
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM
2 moms liked this

I usually put in like body washes for my daughter/ new toothbrush for my son, bath sets of toys, a few peices of chocolate, new socks, underwear, things they actually need and sometimes a couple small toys.

TeamWillis06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Fixed it. No posting before coffee!

Quoting katemckenzie:

Loads?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I give candy and small toys.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Candy...baked goods
My 6 yo dd loves lip gloss so I do that. And then a little stuffed animal, or a barbie doll. Some fun christmas socks.

My son is only 3....so I do cars instead of dolls. For a 6 yo boy I would probably fond some.minion action figures...thats what my best friend's son likes, he is 6. I would also throw in a flashlight or something fun like that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM
DS is 8 this year. He's really into art & building stuff so i am getting things like that. Ds that is 19 mos is gonna get bath toys in his. Ds3 will be a week and a half old and I am totally struggling with his! I know he wont care but ds1 will...

The guys always get socks and underwear since there are never enough :) i also do a DVD, toothbrush, and a couple deals of candy.
km1970
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM

For the kids we put in accessories for things we have bought. I will also put things like hair accessories, nail polish, lip gloss etc. I don't put much candy into their stockings.

happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM

This year so far I have watches, Disney Infinity characters to go with the game Santa is bringing and the toothbrushes that pump music while you brush.  I also ordered them each a new Wii controller and nunchuck.  I'll get some kind of candy and probably get each a new DS game and that should fill the stockings.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Anyway, our tradition is always a clementine in the toe, then some small candy, funky socks, a couple small trinkets, a chocolate bar, something like sunglasses, etc.
lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Card games, toothbrushes, hot wheels, small Lego sets, balls, my older kids get a check, or cash sometimes...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN