Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dude! You shot off your ball!

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this
Drinking and guns don't mix....seriously!

I was on one of my 24hr shifts yesterday and this morning at 2:30am we get toned out for a gun shot wound.

We got there and cops were holding pressure on his leg and I took over. I asked what happened and did all that.

It was an accidental discharge. He was unloading his rifle.

Dude lost a testicle and had other injuries.

It was my first gun shot wound and my first trauma alert (meaning we requested the helicopter). It was an awesome call but I'm like dude, why in the Hell would you unload your gun while you're drunk??? Lol poor guy.
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Bump
CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Lol!! Sorry had to laugh. Poor bugger. He'll regret that idea for the rest of his life
Sj218
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Wow- that'll be a story to tell forever.
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Sounds like a Darwin Award story. Poor guy.
BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Yes, yes he will! We all kind of chuckled. I felt bad for him. He was a super cool dude, too.

Quoting CrossStitchMum:

Lol!! Sorry had to laugh. Poor bugger. He'll regret that idea for the rest of his life
BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Indeed! I'm sure he's in a lot more pain this morning than he was last night.

Quoting Sj218:

Wow- that'll be a story to tell forever.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
When I lived in a very small town in PA I was in our only has station getting coffee and 2 officers were there doing the same. A call came in for a GSW and they just looked at each other and said "oh it's just Phil again. Sigh. Lets go".
O_o
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM

ive never unloaded a gun.... but do you usually hold it pointing towards you in your lap??????  Is the other one ok?  Will he be able to father children?  

elfling811
by Niki on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Wow! Poor guy.

One time when I was working trauma, we got a guy in who thought that weed and guns were a good combo and came in with a crater where his shoulder used to be. The entire shoulder joint got blasted and his arm was hanging by the tendons in his armpit. The sad part was he was so high he didn't realize he was going to lose his arm. I never saw the TOX screen, but I think he was on more than just weed from his behavior. I will never forget that as long as I live!
i.love.my.life
by Arika on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I had a friend that shot himself in the face while drunk. Lost his eye and shattered his checkbone. It was a huge mess. If it would have been a different gun, he would have killed himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN