Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Anyone in TX not ready for this storm?

Im about 20 mins from Ft.Worth and i admit, this weather scares the shit outta me.
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this

cry babies, pussies, weeners, you dont even know what a WINTER STORM IS

SageAdvice
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I'm in the NE , SNOW!? SINCE WHEN , WHERE?

I have my windows open!

Quoting FoxFire363:

I'm in Oklahoma and we got ice yesterday and are supposed to get snow tomorrow. There were tons of wrecks yesterday because people here aren't good at driving in this stuff and the DOT isn't very good about salting and sanding the roads. Plus we were low on either salt or sand due to a vandalism incident this year. A few years ago we got a very rare blizzard and it was just bedlam. The city didn't have enough plows to handle the amount of snow we got, lol.

SageAdvice
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM

OK Seriously, what storm? I seriously have my windows open right now, either I was up in Canada to long last winter, or I'm having delusions of hell, because I have been hot all day. . .

STORM? as in a true snow storm? or a few inches of ice and slush?  Anywhere near Tulsa?

Quoting Bitch.please:

Okie here and I say bring it on, I have a test Monday and hoping school gets canceled.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:56 PM
They've been predicting a second line of winter weather for a couple days, but the official call on snow came yesterday. Until then they thought it would be more sleet/winter mix type stuff. Now 2 of the three major networks are saying a 100 percent chance of snow for Sunday, possibly lasting a bit into Monday. Your area is expected to get just a dusting to an inch I believe. The heavier totals are supposed to be farther south. The OKC metro is expected to get 1-3 inches. (I get a bit obsessive about the weather).

Quoting SageAdvice:

I have my windows open!

Quoting FoxFire363:

I'm in Oklahoma and we got ice yesterday and are supposed to get snow tomorrow. There were tons of wrecks yesterday because people here aren't good at driving in this stuff and the DOT isn't very good about salting and sanding the roads. Plus we were low on either salt or sand due to a vandalism incident this year. A few years ago we got a very rare blizzard and it was just bedlam. The city didn't have enough plows to handle the amount of snow we got, lol.

SageAdvice
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:02 PM

well, I guess I should watch the news more lol

I am obsessive around tornadoe weather time, but not when it gets so cold they aren't possible.

Thank you for answering, it's appreciated.~

:o)

Quoting FoxFire363:

They've been predicting a second line of winter weather for a couple days, but the official call on snow came yesterday. Until then they thought it would be more sleet/winter mix type stuff. Now 2 of the three major networks are saying a 100 percent chance of snow for Sunday, possibly lasting a bit into Monday. Your area is expected to get just a dusting to an inch I believe. The heavier totals are supposed to be farther south. The OKC metro is expected to get 1-3 inches. (I get a bit obsessive about the weather).

Quoting SageAdvice:

I have my windows open!

Quoting FoxFire363:

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh. I want SNOW!!! It's 23 here in MO. We should get snow if it's going to be this freaking cold lol

abecee
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Hope you stay safe

lunyuny
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Im outside of Austin.  ITS BEEN COLD!

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM
No problem. I'm obsessive around tornado time, to the point that it drives my family nuts. But the rest of the year I get obsessive when I think it might rain, or when I think there might be a cold front, or if it might snow or sleet. Over the last year or so the weather has become kind of a minor hobby of mine. I follow it like other people follow sports, lol. I guess that's kind of weird. Oh well. I even have radar on my phone so I can look at it whenever I want, lol.

Quoting SageAdvice:

well, I guess I should watch the news more lol

I am obsessive around tornadoe weather time, but not when it gets so cold they aren't possible.

Thank you for answering, it's appreciated.~

:o)

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting SageAdvice:

I have my windows open!

Quoting FoxFire363:

lunyuny
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Not crying. It's just cold.
Quoting thetrollcat:

cry babies, pussies, weeners, you dont even know what a WINTER STORM IS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)