Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Anyone in TX not ready for this storm?

Im about 20 mins from Ft.Worth and i admit, this weather scares the shit outta me.
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Replies (61-69):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
We are in tx now,, but we are New Yorkers a little snow would be awesome !
SamanthaStetka
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I thought Texas was suppost to be hot? Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I'm in east Texas, and we are suppose to get some freezing rain/sleet.  But again I'm in east Texas so that could  mean we will get nothing.  It can be 32 one day and 70 the next.

bj305
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM
in fFlorida it raining like crazy here
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
O.o
fkh8ah
by Felicia on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I'm NW of Fort Worth and hoping we don't get it as rough as they were saying. I've got a pretty good feeling that my town of 1200 isn't prepared for it and hoping oncor is ready lol

Quoting Pita369:

I'm in north Fort Worth.. The only thing that worries me is going to work Monday.. It will be the first time driving in yucky weather with dd.. However I'm from PA so I know what I can handle.. But other people scare me
fkh8ah
by Felicia on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:56 AM
It was 78 or so, just 3 days ago Lol Im a spring/summer girl

Quoting SamanthaStetka:

I thought Texas was suppost to be hot? Lol

fkh8ah
by Felicia on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Are you up around Wellington? Theyve gotten 6-8 inches so far

Quoting wooly:

I moved out of the Desert so i could have a real Winter! I LOve SNOW!! There's over 6" on my deck right now and i Love it!! So does my dog!

fkh8ah
by Felicia on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM
The weather here is so crazy one day to the next, that its hard to tell how long itll last. We were 78 just 3 days ago and by thanksgiving we are sposed to be back up to upper 50s :-/. I've seen them close down major highways or interstates after so many accidents, but never before then. My little town ain't equipped for it, so I'm expecting to be locked in for a day.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

How long does storms like this usually shut things down?  Do they shut roads down for ice?

Quoting FoxFire363:

Well, for one, there are the people who don't know how to drive in it. Then there is the issue that in some cases even major metropolitan areas aren't prepared to properly sand and salt the roads, much less all the small towns and smaller cities. A few years ago we got 13 inches of snow and it shut the city down because they simply didn't have enough plows. Yesterday we had ice and there were tons of wrecks between the drivers and lack of salt/sand. This year our supplies of those items were depleted due to vandalism which added to the issue.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

What kind of problems does it cause?  Its just something that we are so used to that really we don't even blink an eye when we get ice storms or snow.  Is it that just most people down there don't know how to drive in the conditions? 

Quoting Okie-chick:

For Texas and that area,yes lol

Quoting daughteroftruth:

This isn't meant to be rude.. but 2 inches of ice and snow is a big deal?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)