Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it okay to sit on his lap?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Hello. I am married and we are going through a rough patch, so today I was crying to my bff (who is a guy) and he pulled me onto his lap to comfort me and just let me cry. I have been friends with this guy since high school and he is like a brother to me I NEVER thought of him as anything sexual. But  I was telling my sister how sweet he was in comforting me and she was yelling at me that a married woman shouldn't sit on their guy friends lap. I dont know if I did something wrong or if she is just being ridiculous. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Replies (101-105):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Would you be comfortable if your DH did this with his female best friend?

If that wouldn't bother you at all.. than yeah - Whatever. 

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Would your husband be upset about it? If yes, then you were wrong to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megzboys
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Trying4onemore:

Women that do not have friends that are their best friends that are male will never understand this and will assume that you're being a whore or that you're going to sleep with him or have some kind of sexual thought which is not the case at all

my bbc is male and I have cried and he has done the same to me ,it felt great to cry and be held and feel Like someone really cared 

I feel ya girl no harm no fowl

totally agree! 

I love my boys

boy kissing mom                                        

Kalistasmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM

this...I am 28 and my brothers have done to me...nothing sexual about it at all...only sexual if YOU or HE makes it sexual.  So unless his hands were in places they shouldn't have been then it's fine.

Quoting Miss.MandyLynn:

as long as their is nothing sexual their i think it was a one time thing and it's not a big deal

SageAdvice
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM

UM, please re-read this -

To clarify; I am not speaking about your marriage per se, ( susannah ) just about most other insecure ones.

sorry did I make the color too light the first time?

:O)

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting SageAdvice:

WHY and How is it inappropriate, he is her best friend, how is that wrong, if there is nothing sexual about it? She's supposed to deny herself simple friendly comfort , because others are insecure in themselves and their marriages? NO. I do not think so.

People think that one can only receive human comfort ( being held, etc ) from ones spouse, ( even the most innocent of sharing of pain and a need to be consoled, rocked, hugged ) and then we wonder why this world is so damn hostile and cold. How very sad for us all, that it's this way.

To clarify; I am not speaking about your marriage per se, ( susannah ) just about most other insecure ones.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting SageAdvice:

OMG why do women act so damn immature, there is nothing sexual about sitting on a guys lap unless one makes it sexual.~

I am glad you had him and could find some "unsexal" comfort ~ everyone needs to be held, and comforted in times of serious distress.~

HUGS MAMA

I don't think it's sexual, I think it's inappropriate. Everyone does not "need to be held" by other men and sit on their laps, when they are married.

It's too bad you can't reply to a simple difference of opinion without attacking me. Pretty sad for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)