Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it okay to sit on his lap?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Hello. I am married and we are going through a rough patch, so today I was crying to my bff (who is a guy) and he pulled me onto his lap to comfort me and just let me cry. I have been friends with this guy since high school and he is like a brother to me I NEVER thought of him as anything sexual. But  I was telling my sister how sweet he was in comforting me and she was yelling at me that a married woman shouldn't sit on their guy friends lap. I dont know if I did something wrong or if she is just being ridiculous. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM
This

Quoting JulyBabies:

People can make just about any type of touch between a man and woman sexual. You know it wasn't and I imagine he does too. Don't worry about what anyone else says.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Exactly he might as well be gay bc I have NO feeling like that lol

Quoting LokisMama:

Sounds like your sister is being seriously insecure and might need to tone it down a little.

He's your BFF.  He's securely in the friendzone. Hell, I've sat on guy friends laps before, but they know better than to try anything.  

fairyjester
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM

your sister is a moron who should mind her own business

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think you did anything wrong.

That being said, you should have had this emotional moment with your husband. If you are going through a rough patch he needs to see you upset and he needs to be the one to comfort you so you two can rebuild that bond. I would say this to you even if your BFF was a woman.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Yup

Quoting sharonsolo:

It is perfectly fine if your Dh can do the same with his female bff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Thank you! lol

Quoting Trying4onemore:

Women that do not have friends that are their best friends that are male will never understand this and will assume that you're being a whore or that you're going to sleep with him or have some kind of sexual thought which is not the case at all

my bbc is male and I have cried and he has done the same to me ,it felt great to cry and be held and feel Like someone really cared 

I feel ya girl no harm no fowl

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Idk it just happened but it felt nice to know he cared and I know nothing sexual will ever happen between us

Quoting thejodigirl:

Why would you be on his lap instead of just an ebmrace? He's not you DH or daddy.

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM

would you sit on your female bffs lap?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I know, but right now I am just so mad at him.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I don't think you did anything wrong.

That being said, you should have had this emotional moment with your husband. If you are going through a rough patch he needs to see you upset and he needs to be the one to comfort you so you two can rebuild that bond. I would say this to you even if your BFF was a woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM
She probably thinks it's wrong because even though us women can easily think of a man as just a friend men tend to still think of us sexually. Men rarely choose to be BFF's with a woman they just settle for that. Most men would have sex with their female BFF is given the chance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)