Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone else have a 7yo in diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our 7yo DD still wets the bed every night.  A couple months ago we went back to diapers, because goodnites were leaking too often - and what's the point of them if you still have to wash the sheets?  She didn't really like it at first, but doesn't mind now since she realized that waking up in a dry bed is much better than waking up in a leaking pull-up.

Is anyone else still putting a diaper on their older child?

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
smiller8008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quoting lustfull:

i was 13 when i stopped wetting the bed, im 22 now

I'm sorry - that sucks.  I hope DD is dry before she's 13.

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM
My dd peed the bed till she was 10. Nothing worked. The dr. said some kids just do it. I ended up buying the washable bed pads. They worked great. Also Goodnights make sleep pads that stick to the sheet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Yes! My Son just turned 7 & still occasionally wets the bed at night. I put him in diapers& have plenty of bed pads. I bought the Huggies bed pads which are great & I cover that pad with washable waterproof pads because the dipers leak a little. I find if he doesn't have a bowel movement every other day at least then he'll wet the bed. He plays hard with his Dad after dinner & tends to drink a lot of water before bed too though. He just says he doesn't know he's doing it. Guess we'll have to just wait it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
My cousin was like that. I think she was 8 or 9 when she grew out of it. She was a very heavy sleeper and wouldn't wake up when she had to go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
You should talk to her doctor about this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I was told it wasn't considered an issue until a child is 10. I would make sure her ped knows though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM

sounds like a medical issue that her doctor is ignoring. sorry but its not normal for a 7 year old to pee the bed every night. cut off drinks and food by a certain time at night. if you have to, wake her up every few hours to go pee. shes going to be made fun of by her friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
My son does because he is 'scared' to go to the bathroom literally next door to his bedroom. I spoke to dr who says it's normal at this age to wet the bed. . I was particularly concerned because he used to go just fine and has no medical causes for this. So I restricted drinks to last being given 2/3hrs before bed, making him go just before bed, waking him up the first hr after going to bed and then every couple of hrs. This is the routine we had before and things seem to be improving. As before, he will begin to eventually just automatically get up.
orchardmoma
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Actually it can be normal at that age. I would take her to the ped, just to make sure nothing medical is wrong. Our brain has a hormone, kinda like a switch that gets turned on at a certain age. You know how as adults we wake up from deep sleep because our brain tells us that our bladder needs to be emptied? Well in children that Hormone or switch turns on at different times. My son stopped wetting when he was 9. My youngest son never wet the bed from the moment he was potty trained at 2. I suggest you talk to your child and ask her to pay very close attention to her body signals, she just might be missing it. Don't ever shame her (I'm sure you don't) and be patient..

smiller8008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes! My Son just turned 7 & still occasionally wets the bed at night. I put him in diapers& have plenty of bed pads. I bought the Huggies bed pads which are great & I cover that pad with washable waterproof pads because the dipers leak a little. I find if he doesn't have a bowel movement every other day at least then he'll wet the bed. He plays hard with his Dad after dinner & tends to drink a lot of water before bed too though. He just says he doesn't know he's doing it. Guess we'll have to just wait it out.

Is he still in diapers or pull-ups/goodnites?  We've tried the bed pads, but don't really see the advantage of those over a waterproof mattress cover, which we do have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN