Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone else have a 7yo in diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our 7yo DD still wets the bed every night.  A couple months ago we went back to diapers, because goodnites were leaking too often - and what's the point of them if you still have to wash the sheets?  She didn't really like it at first, but doesn't mind now since she realized that waking up in a dry bed is much better than waking up in a leaking pull-up.

Is anyone else still putting a diaper on their older child?

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
smiller8008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You should talk to her doctor about this.

Yeah, we have.  He's not worried for a couple more years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Bedwetting at 7 is very different than still in diapers at 7. Its not unusual.
beautisticaware
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I have an 11 yo that is still in Goodnights. She has an incontinence issues. She is receiving physical therapy and is on medications as well.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Nope. My oldest finally stopped wetting the bed a few years ago. I had to put him in adult diapers because nothing else fit him. And as long as I limit drinks and remind him to use the bathroom he has no accidents.

turtlesquish23
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM
My sister was 16 before she could sttn without wetting
erin708
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM
My 7yo dd does. We've tried a variety of things: urologist with meds, chiropractor, bed alarm. Nothing has worked. I'm not stressing anymore. There is bedwetting issues on both sides so that is likely the cause. She's a heavy sleeper. My 4yo has been day and night trained for a long while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Actually with my son it didn't make a difference if he drank water or not before bed.  What DID make him stop peeing was cutting out any caffeinated drinks after a certain time of day.  No one wants to admit they give their kids soda but if you do try doing that.

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like a medical issue that her doctor is ignoring. sorry but its not normal for a 7 year old to pee the bed every night. cut off drinks and food by a certain time at night. if you have to, wake her up every few hours to go pee. shes going to be made fun of by her friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM
It can be normal. My BIL wet the bed until he was 12. Nothing wrong, his bladder hasn't matured yet.

Quoting angie_de_3:

No sorry :( have you talked to your pediatrician. Def not normal at that age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM
My 10 yr old is. In fact, he just got out of them 24/7 about 6 months ago
smiller8008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Quoting orchardmoma:

Actually it can be normal at that age. I would take her to the ped, just to make sure nothing medical is wrong. Our brain has a hormone, kinda like a switch that gets turned on at a certain age. You know how as adults we wake up from deep sleep because our brain tells us that our bladder needs to be emptied? Well in children that Hormone or switch turns on at different times. My son stopped wetting when he was 9. My youngest son never wet the bed from the moment he was potty trained at 2. I suggest you talk to your child and ask her to pay very close attention to her body signals, she just might be missing it. Don't ever shame her (I'm sure you don't) and be patient..

We don't shame her - the diapers are just the easiest solution to the laundry problem, and she agrees with that.  Her doctor has said it's most likely a hormone thing, and will just take time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN