Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone else have a 7yo in diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our 7yo DD still wets the bed every night.  A couple months ago we went back to diapers, because goodnites were leaking too often - and what's the point of them if you still have to wash the sheets?  She didn't really like it at first, but doesn't mind now since she realized that waking up in a dry bed is much better than waking up in a leaking pull-up.

Is anyone else still putting a diaper on their older child?

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (261-270):
EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Oh its lazyness. He will go on the toilet if hes bribed with stuff. But even that he only lasts a week tops with. Hes been to numerous drs for mental and regular health. Nothings wrong with him in that dept.

Quoting Anonymous:

unless you know its from laziness, you should definitely see a doctor if its during the day

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

It means he is in pullups at night. And if he keeps goin in his pants during the day he will be in them all day to.

Quoting smiller8008:

What do you mean?

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

My 8 yr old is in pull ups at night. And if he keeps it up itll go to all day to.

NewStepMom373
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM

It's not abnormal for a child of 7 to wet the bed at night- her bladder may not be mature enough yet. My brother and I both wet the bed until we were about 8- they did not have pull ups back then- our poor mother! I think the key is not to embarass her about it- that's when it becomes problematic- it just is what it is and she will most likely grow out of it without any issues.

Quoting smiller8008:

Our 7yo DD still wets the bed every night.  A couple months ago we went back to diapers, because goodnites were leaking too often - and what's the point of them if you still have to wash the sheets?  She didn't really like it at first, but doesn't mind now since she realized that waking up in a dry bed is much better than waking up in a leaking pull-up.

Is anyone else still putting a diaper on their older child?

morgan483
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM

My 8yo still wets the bed. I try to steer away from the overnites because I feel it gives him the excuse to just go instead of try to use the bathroom. He has good nights and bad nights. When we go to a hotel or someone's house, I buy the overnites because I don't want to have to deal with that outside of our own home. Other than that, at home, we make him use potty before bed and we limit fluids after dinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Actually, it is. Children sleep so soundly a 80 decibel smoke detector will not wake them up, you think a bladder will? After twelve, it becomes something to be concerned about.

Quoting angie_de_3:

No sorry :( have you talked to your pediatrician. Def not normal at that age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM

yikes, im sorry. does he wet himself at school or just at home?

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Oh its lazyness. He will go on the toilet if hes bribed with stuff. But even that he only lasts a week tops with. Hes been to numerous drs for mental and regular health. Nothings wrong with him in that dept.

Quoting Anonymous:

unless you know its from laziness, you should definitely see a doctor if its during the day

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

It means he is in pullups at night. And if he keeps goin in his pants during the day he will be in them all day to.

Quoting smiller8008:

What do you mean?

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

My 8 yr old is in pull ups at night. And if he keeps it up itll go to all day to.

melly_v88
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM

mine is 4 and they still wet the bed ... not every night, but often enough that it's annoying. Have you spoken to a doctor?

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Home. School. Walmart...while youre talking to him. Itd ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting smiller8008:

What do you mean?

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM

that's so embarrassing. i'm sorry... is it something he's embarrassed about?

just curious to see if he's doing it on purpose

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting smiller8008:

What do you mean?

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Nope. He doesnt care. He would sit in a shitty pullup all day if i didnt make him change. Hes got a lot mental issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting smiller8008:

What do you mean?

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Nope. He doesnt care. He would sit in a shitty pullup all day if i didnt make him change. Hes got a lot mental issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Quoting smiller8008:

What do you mean?

Quoting EvaTheDiva2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)