Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone else have a 7yo in diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our 7yo DD still wets the bed every night.  A couple months ago we went back to diapers, because goodnites were leaking too often - and what's the point of them if you still have to wash the sheets?  She didn't really like it at first, but doesn't mind now since she realized that waking up in a dry bed is much better than waking up in a leaking pull-up.

Is anyone else still putting a diaper on their older child?

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (281-290):
smiller8008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 6:58 PM

If she has control but goes in her pants anyway I'd be tempted to try diapers or pull-ups - at least you'd have less laundry to deal with.

Feel free to PM  me if you want to chat.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. She has control just chooses not to go. We are on vacation so it's been especially bad since it's too fun to stop and go to the bathroom and we are off on her routine. The doctor pretty much says its part of her ADHD but she may end up with other issues because she shows signs of other mental illnesses. There is a strong family history of mental illness, she is just too young to really see how she will end up.

It was comforting to read and hear we are not alone.

Quoting smiller8008:

I'm sorry - that's tough.  Does she wear pull-ups or diapers?  And is it a regular thing?

Quoting Anonymous:

Today has been a rough day. My 7 year old pooped her pants twice. I am beyond frustrated.

Yes we have been to the doctor.

LovingFamily8
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 6:59 PM
No... Hugs
smiller8008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:00 PM

How did you bring it up with other Mom's at school?  I'm not sure I'd be willing to admit to other Mom's at school that she still wets the bed, and especially that she still wears diapers.

Quoting Wendi2247:

My 6 year old DD still wears pull-ups at night. I have talked to her doctor MANY times and he assures me that there is absolutely nothing abnormal about it & that all kids are different when it comes to using the bathroom at night. My DD will go a week without peeing in her pull-up & then she'll suddenly have a pull-up full of pee. I've tried no drinks 2 hours before bed, making her use the bathroom right before we lay down, etc. I hate that she's still in pull-ups at night but as long as I know there is nothing medically wrong with her I will deal with it.

Sorry you're having to deal with this too! I would ask his doctor just to make sure but I assure you it's usually a very normal thing. I actually started talking to some of the Moms at DD's school about it and I was surprised how many of them have children with the same issue. Some of the children are 8 & 9 years old.

darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM

My 5 year old is still in diapers...he is special needs with the brain of a 12-18 month old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:03 PM
You need a new doctor. It's not normal for a seven year old to still wear diapers. Unless she has some sort of medical problem.

Quoting smiller8008:

Quoting angie_de_3:

No sorry :( have you talked to your pediatrician. Def not normal at that age.

Yes - our our doctor says it's that it's fairly normal at 7 (she just turned 7 in Oct), and isn't worried about it for a year or two more.

smiller8008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I've heard that about 10% of 7 year olds still wet the bed.  Sure, that's not common, but it's not abnormal either.

Quoting Anonymous:

You need a new doctor. It's not normal for a seven year old to still wear diapers. Unless she has some sort of medical problem.

Quoting smiller8008:

Quoting angie_de_3:

No sorry :( have you talked to your pediatrician. Def not normal at that age.

Yes - our our doctor says it's that it's fairly normal at 7 (she just turned 7 in Oct), and isn't worried about it for a year or two more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM
No drinks 3 hours before bedtime. A 7 year old should not be doing that.
ceckyl
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Didn't you make this post a while ago?
smiller8008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Tried that.  Didn't work.

Quoting Anonymous:

No drinks 3 hours before bedtime. A 7 year old should not be doing that.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:29 PM
My son did till he was 12. Only at night. He has super colon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)