Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone else have a 7yo in diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

Our 7yo DD still wets the bed every night.  A couple months ago we went back to diapers, because goodnites were leaking too often - and what's the point of them if you still have to wash the sheets?  She didn't really like it at first, but doesn't mind now since she realized that waking up in a dry bed is much better than waking up in a leaking pull-up.

Is anyone else still putting a diaper on their older child?

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (291-300):
smiller8008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Yeah.  Still looking for moral support about it, however.

Quoting ceckyl:

Didn't you make this post a while ago?

Crashly
by Ashley on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM
No...
ashwee356
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM

O.o

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I had issues at about that same age.  My mother was also told not to worry about it until I was a few years older.  As it turned out I had (in very laymen terms) a kink in the "neck" of my bladder.  This kink made it so that I was never actually fully emptying my bladder, hence the "accidents", however because it was put off I actually ended up needing to have 2 surgeries to correct it, whereas had it been caught a few years prior it could (likely) have been fixed with simple kegals. 

HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM

My niece had accidents until she was 10. Her ped said it just happens sometimes, There was nothing wrong with her.

Good luck OP

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Um, no it's not "fairly normal". Most 7 year olds have been fully potty-trained for more than a few years.

Quoting smiller8008:

Quoting angie_de_3:

No sorry :( have you talked to your pediatrician. Def not normal at that age.

Yes - our our doctor says it's that it's fairly normal at 7 (she just turned 7 in Oct), and isn't worried about it for a year or two more.

saraface5383
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Everyone is saying it's not normal but don't they make ones specifically for older kids? It's called underjams I think. Dh's cousin didn't stop until 13 I think.
Pjsncoffeetime
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM

um no my kids all are potty trained

Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Yeah, no. dd is 9 and still wets the bed most nights. Nighttime control is totally different than daytime potty training.

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Um, no it's not "fairly normal". Most 7 year olds have been fully potty-trained for more than a few years.

Quoting smiller8008:

Quoting angie_de_3:

No sorry :( have you talked to your pediatrician. Def not normal at that age.

Yes - our our doctor says it's that it's fairly normal at 7 (she just turned 7 in Oct), and isn't worried about it for a year or two more.

Wendi2247
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:34 AM
I didn't bring it up. Another Mom did. I wouldn't be able to bring it up either. :-) I'm super involved with the school so I've become somewhat close with a number of the Moms from my DD's school. There's a few who I would never bring up stuff like this with, just because they're the "my kid is better, learned that faster, did this sooner" kinds. After 2 years I've pretty much figured out which Moms are okay to open up to and which Moms to never tell anything personal to.

Quoting smiller8008:

How did you bring it up with other Mom's at school?  I'm not sure I'd be willing to admit to other Mom's at school that she still wets the bed, and especially that she still wears diapers.

Quoting Wendi2247:

My 6 year old DD still wears pull-ups at night. I have talked to her doctor MANY times and he assures me that there is absolutely nothing abnormal about it & that all kids are different when it comes to using the bathroom at night. My DD will go a week without peeing in her pull-up & then she'll suddenly have a pull-up full of pee. I've tried no drinks 2 hours before bed, making her use the bathroom right before we lay down, etc. I hate that she's still in pull-ups at night but as long as I know there is nothing medically wrong with her I will deal with it.

Sorry you're having to deal with this too! I would ask his doctor just to make sure but I assure you it's usually a very normal thing. I actually started talking to some of the Moms at DD's school about it and I was surprised how many of them have children with the same issue. Some of the children are 8 & 9 years old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)