Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you bring to a party?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM
  • 15 Replies

When you go to a party, do you always ask if you can bring something?  I feel like, if we are just getting together for fun, I am happy to bring something, but if you've invited me to your kid's birthday party, I'm bringing a gift and that's it.  My in laws ask if they can bring something to our kid's bday parties and I always say no, but then ask us to bring stuff to my nephew's bday.  Just my pet peeve after showing up with a present and a case of beer to a party last night at my sister-in-law's for my nephew's bday.

by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:33 AM

if it is a family memebers birthday party, we always ask of there is something we can do or bring, just like they do for us.

if it a friends party, we show up with a gift and thats it.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Wine.
sarasunshine99
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM

As my grandfather always said..."Ring the doorbell with your elbows".  I never arrive empty handed.  If the host says to not bring anything, I always show up with a hostess gift (tea towels, wine, candle, cocktail napkins, etc.) and of course a gift for the b'day girl/boy.  

mariesmama
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

yes i bring food, in pans but i need those pans back i dont ever get them back

jenny3344
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM
How tacky to bring beer to a child's bday party. I always bring something, usually a bottle of wine to an adults party and a present to a kids party.
kidslovemom
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Quoting SommelierMom:

Wine.

Do you mean "whine"? : ) I should have brought wine, the was only white Zinfandel and some sweet red. Next time bringing that instead of the case of beer.
kidslovemom
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM

That's what they asked for.  It was just family, no friends, with dinner.  I don't think that's tacky.

Quoting jenny3344:

How tacky to bring beer to a child's bday party. I always bring something, usually a bottle of wine to an adults party and a present to a kids party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Why is wine okay but beer is tacky?

Quoting jenny3344:

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Yuck. :)

Quoting kidslovemom:

Quoting SommelierMom:

Wine.

Do you mean "whine"? : )
I should have brought wine, the was only white Zinfandel and some sweet red. Next time bringing that instead of the case of beer.

Lilith.23
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Kids party I'd only bring a gift,
grown ups party i always ask if i could bring something or just usually wine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)