Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who still lives with their parents??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 227 Replies
1 mom liked this
I still do... Not that I don't enjoy the help they give me, but I am so tired of being here! I wanna move out so bad but I can't cuz I can't support myself. :( I'm supposed to live here until I graduate college which I hope will be done by this spring. But I fear I won't find a good job afterwards. I currently work for a company that is already paying me a little above minimum wage, which means I'd be starting at a lower pay wherever I go next. I can't stay at my current job because they can't give me enough hours. I have really considered using state help to HELP get me started. At least until I can make enough money to pay for myself. I'm 20 years old and am simply tired of my family. Love them to death but I need to move on. I feel like I won't find my "other half" until I do 😞

Wow most of you ladies are lucky for bein able to move out at 16-18 yo. I've yet to move out yet.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
We could never move with my parents now. Were in a way better position than them. We did for a few months when I was pregnant with our first then lived with my inlaws for a yr but they are both deceased now:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lunyuny
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

No, mom is with me :(  Thank gosh she has her own room :)

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Not since 18 except for a couple summer breaks when I came home from college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I moved back in with my mom at 26, when I left my cheating husband. (I had been on my own since 18) Ive been here since Sept and we both actually really like it but I do not want to be here forever
tifbrown
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

We don't still live with them, but we did recently move in with my in-laws. My husband was working away 25 on, 4 or 5 off. It just got to be too much. We took a big chance, we left and now we are going to be staying with them until we get established and save a down payment. It's not totally ideal, but we are living in the area of the province we have always wanted to, and we get to be a family. It's been so nice having my husband around again :)

Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
7 moms liked this

Well, just keep working girl. Finish school and move out. Some people aren't lucky enough to have a family help support them.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I live with my grandmother.
Financially she can't make it alone. And she got surgery and couldn't take care of the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I don't.

What are you going to school for that would start you off at minimum wage?

.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM

lol, not since I was 16...

Rust.n.Gears
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM

My mil lives with us. She's been here for 16 years. Her father was with us until his death 2 years ago. We prefer it this way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN