Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

just because the toys are old...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Last year my DH and I split, we were living in a house together. I moved in with my parents temporarily and he got another place because the lease was up. At the time we had joint custody so he moved all of our DS's toys to his new place. Some time between the time he moved in and the time I moved in with him because we got back together, DS's toys all got strewn in the yard.

Our landlord shares a yard with us. Their kids were bringing ds's toys out and playing with them. I started to pick them up because we are taking them with us and landlord and the kids got huffy because we are taking the toys with us. They said that we shouldn't worry about the toys because "they are old, have been outside since my DH moved in a year and a half ago, and DS doesn't play with them anyway." I feel like regardless no one should be mad because they are still DS's toys kwim?

what do you guys think?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Bump
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

They are your toys so i'm on your side about that but they probably shouldn't have been thrown everywhere.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I agree. If I would have been there when DH and DS first moved in I wouldn't have allowed the toys to be taken outside.

Quoting angelachristine:

They are your toys so i'm on your side about that but they probably shouldn't have been thrown everywhere.

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM

why would you expect other people to respect your belongings when you don't?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Please enlighten me as to how I do not respect my belongings?

Quoting ff-princess:

susannah2000
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM

The landlord told you that you shouldn't take your toys, because HIS kids wanted to play with them? Nice try, but no fly,  dude. You shouldn't leave toys strewn all over the place though, anyway.

Lydlou02
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM
They are hers to do with as she wishes.

Quoting ff-princess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:52 PM
We weren't the ones who strewn them about, their kids did. Their kids came in and got them and took them out. We picked up the ones we found but considering the yard is 2 acres of land and some of the toys were small, they were all hard to find.

Quoting susannah2000:

The landlord told you that you shouldn't take your toys, because HIS kids wanted to play with them? Nice try, but no fly,  dude. You shouldn't leave toys strewn all over the place though, anyway.

susannah2000
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

We weren't the ones who strewn them about, their kids did. Their kids came in and got them and took them out. We picked up the ones we found but considering the yard is 2 acres of land and some of the toys were small, they were all hard to find.

Quoting susannah2000:

The landlord's kids came into your HOME without permission and took your kids' toys out to play with?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM
They had permission to come in but not to take the toys out. DH would allow them to come in and play with DS.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting susannah2000:

The landlord's kids came into your HOME without permission and took your kids' toys out to play with?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)