Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why I prefer SAHM--- Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 192 Replies
3 moms liked this
First I will say I work 2 days a week.... In Those two days I bust my ass and make as much, if not more then I did full time.

That being said, I put high importance in being home with my kids and for my kids.
To me it is far more important the having a stack of money for now, or for later. It is more important to me then new clothes, electronics, vacations. We do have and do these thing when we can afford it. But it's not priority. My kids are number 1 priority. Te with them, teaching them, being there for them.
And this is why.
Tody: in daylight a 43 yo mother of 3 was killed down the street from my house by a drunk driver. The 3 kids....2yo, 10 yo, 14 yo, and husband are all in serious condition.
Life is so short, we will never know if it is our time. These poor babies will never see their mama again.... Any amount of money spent or saved will never make up for their loss.

****Update****
Here's the thing most of you fail to realize. My entire post refers to my preferences. I never posted any recommendations for another mom or placed blame on working moms.... As I do work myself- which many obviously didn't see.

I will say it is very sad that so many women come to cm so ready to fight over what? Another person stating there preferences? Maybe this could of been turned into a discussion of what your preferences are? Oh wait it's cm!
Instead you what to try to tear me apart for what I feel is best for my family. That shows ALOT about character .
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM
18 moms liked this
I am confused how that tragedy could be turned into a sahm/working mom debate.
Josie_P
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
4 moms liked this
Only on CM.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Those poor babies :'(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Trying to justify I suppose....yawn.

Quoting Anonymous:

lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a SAHM and fail to see the connection the accident has with working and sahms..
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM
4 moms liked this

I will never understand this.  I prefer quality of time to quantity.  My kids are both in school while I work anyway.  I adore my career and I love that my boys get to see me finding fulfillment in my work.  To each their own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this
What the actual fuck. While the tragedy is horrible, what's even worse is you turning it into a SAHM and working mom debate.
TheFirstNoel
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM
4 moms liked this

I love my job and my daughter. My DH loves his job and our daughter. Just because we work doesn't mean we love her any less. I cherish every moment spent with her. Because we work, we're able to go to Disney World every year and make those precious memories with her. Because we work, she can eat. Because we work, she can do Irish Dance. I don't care if you're a SAHM or a working mom. I do care, however, when a SAHM yells at working moms for not loving or caring for our children enough. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It's my opinion. As clearly stated

Quoting Anonymous:

Trying to justify I suppose....yawn.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Who yelled? Lol

Quoting TheFirstNoel:

I love my job and my daughter. My DH loves his job and our daughter. Just because we work doesn't mean we love her any less. I cherish every moment spent with her. Because we work, we're able to go to Disney World every year and make those precious memories with her. Because we work, she can eat. Because we work, she can do Irish Dance. I don't care if you're a SAHM or a working mom. I do care, however, when a SAHM yells at working moms for not loving or caring for our children enough. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)