Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

LDS vs FLDS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

So what's the difference?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I'm Methodist, so I have no idea. But here's a bump!
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand it is LDS do not physically practice polygamy but the husband can be sealed to multiple "wives" (for lack of a better word) for the afterlife to get to the top level of heaven.

And FLDS do physically practice polygamy.

again, this is the way I understand it and if I am wrong I do apologize.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Bump
katarina666
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM
2 moms liked this

LDS is the nick name for "The Church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saint's" The original church all others RLDS ,FLDS are church's that broke away from the original because they couldn't live UP to the originals teachings. The LDS are a very large and strong family oriented church,very much like Christians. The FLDS on the other hand are a soul sucking cult. They keep their members away from the rest of the world. (even Amish don't do that) and marry young girls as much as 12 years old to men in their 40's . These men have so many wives their are not enough young women for the young men,so they routinely force the young men to leave. The woman are only baby factories ,and have ZERO say in anything that go's on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:00 AM
5 moms liked this
When lds wanted utah to be a state they had to give up polygamy. The people who started the flds were like naw I'll keep my wives k thanks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Wait what's RLDS? I've never heard of them.

Quoting katarina666:

LDS is the nick name for "The Church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saint's" The original church all others RLDS ,FLDS are church's that broke away from the original because they couldn't live UP to the originals teachings. The LDS are a very large and strong family oriented church,very much like Christians. The FLDS on the other hand are a soul sucking cult. They keep their members away from the rest of the world. (even Amish don't do that) and marry young girls as much as 12 years old to men in their 40's . These men have so many wives their are not enough young women for the young men,so they routinely force the young men to leave. The woman are only baby factories ,and have ZERO say in anything that go's on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I don't know much about the FLDS other than the polygamy thing.  LDS = The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also nicknamed Mormon).  Mormon.org and LDS.org are good resources for information on the LDS church. 

katarina666
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait what's RLDS? I've never heard of them.

Quoting katarina666:

katarina666
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

The RLDS is the Reorganized Church Of The Latterday Saints . They broke off from the church right after Joseph Smith was murdered by a mob in Missouri. Joseph Smith was the first prophet of the church. He translated the Golden Plates. Which are whats called The Book Of Mormon. They left the church with Emma Smith her son by Joesph and his brothers,because they thought the the head of the church should be a direct descendent of Smith ,like a king. Instead of being a prophet called by God. They wouldn't accept Brigham Young as the newly called Prophet. They also don't follow any of the original teachings, No word of wisdom , no temple marriage,or temple garments. Pretty much just a protestant church.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Dh was raised LDS. I was raised Christian. The two religions are not alike.

Quoting katarina666:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN