Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Liars or not the norm?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Why is it when I go out to places and stuff kids are BRATS, but here http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19340228/To_discipline_vs_ONLY_doing_natural_consequences?highlight=249242292#post249242292 People are claiming that they are doing the right thing in parenting? Well at least I feel it is the right thing in parenting.... Makes no since!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Learn to spell before you insult people early in the morning  . Liar  not Lier   and  sense  not since 

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, two things.

One, I tend to notice brats more quickly than behaved children.

Two, I hardly think a collection of 70 some odd replies is a good representation of all parents everywhere.

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Oh and a third.

Regardless of parenting children are small people and fall prey to moods as well. Where we as adults may have better control over our reactions, they tend to go to an extreme when tested.

I'll never understand expecting children to have better control over their emotions than we as adults do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:26 AM

ya good point....

Quoting southernwldchld:

Well, two things.

Two, I hardly think a collection of 70 some odd replies is a good representation of all parents everywhere.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:28 AM

But why did years ago the kids didn't scream and throw a fit!

Quoting southernwldchld:

Oh and a third.

Regardless of parenting children are small people and fall prey to moods as well. Where we as adults may have better control over our reactions, they tend to go to an extreme when tested.

I'll never understand expecting children to have better control over their emotions than we as adults do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I have replyed to that post.  I don't see anything wrong with this type of parenting, but just like any type of parenting, I don't think it can be used on its own.

Quoting Anonymous:

ya good point....

Quoting southernwldchld:

Well, two things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Kids have always screamed and throw fits,

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting southernwldchld:

Oh and a third.

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Maybe things weren't so fast paced then? Depends on what time you're talking about. I know I hardly ever went to the store with my mother when I was small. I wasn't really put in positions that I was not emotionally able to handle.

Now you go to the store at midnight and see someone there with kids. Maybe they had no other choice and had to go then and had to take the kids. But it still stands that it isn't good for the kids.

When I did go to the store, I had *all* of my mother. She wasn't on a call, she was present and including me.

Regardless of that, there have always been bratty children, but our overall sense of entitlement has grown so maybe that is reflected in our kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting southernwldchld:

Oh and a third.

romalove
by SakePrincess on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting southernwldchld:

Oh and a third.

Who told you that?

I'm 51 and distinctly remember a boy in school who threw temper tantrums, once famously getting mad at the teacher because she changed a grade on his paper and he chased her with a garbage can.  He was 9 at the time.

When I was first married (I am married thirty years now) I was in a Perkins for breakfast with my husband and the child at the next table was so ill-behaved that he was hitting me, and put his head in a salad bowl and flipped it up, showering everyone with salad and dressing.

There have always been spoiled brats.  There have always been good kids.  There have always been oblivious parents and there have always been conscientious parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN