Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i am p!$$ed....(were cold and have no heat)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 130 Replies
It is cold outside and were all freezing because we have no heat...why because our furnace shit the bed and we ran out of wood...
We were suppose to have a cord of wood dropped off yesterday and our friend was a no show even after calling and texting him...
The agreement was dh took down his shed (our friends shed) and saved all the good wood and roofing for our friend in exchange for a cord of wood that was suppose to be dropped off yesterday so now we freeze until our friend decides to show up with the wood :(
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:42 AM
2 moms liked this

That is quite a shitty friend you have there. Is there any way your DH can go get the wood instead of waiting for this friend to show up?

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:43 AM
im sorry. that sucks. any heating blankets or somewhere you could go until you have heat?
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Oh that sucks. We have oil heat, I keep it on 60. We use the wood stove for heat. If it gets very cold, we use space heaters.

We live on the water, near impossible to keep the house warm and not spend a fortune.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:43 AM
No because it's at our friends dad's house and we don't have a vehicle to haul it with..

Quoting PinkyPan:

That is quite a shitty friend you have there. Is there any way your DH can go get the wood instead of waiting for this friend to show up?

copperked
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I would be going to get some of it, even if I had to fill the back seat of my car (in fact I've seen people do that). We never let our wood get low, though. We are lucky to live in timberland so we can cut enough fallen trees on our property to supply the wood stoves in all three houses on the homestead.
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:45 AM

That's really messed up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Nope no where to go especially with three kids..right now the outside temp reads 10 degrees and the house 45

Quoting klespeedy0205:

im sorry. that sucks. any heating blankets or somewhere you could go until you have heat?

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:45 AM

That sucks. I hope your friend pulls through for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

No because it's at our friends dad's house and we don't have a vehicle to haul it with..

Quoting PinkyPan:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I hope he shows up soon.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:46 AM
It's at our friends dad's house and no vehicle to haul it with

Quoting copperked:

I would be going to get some of it, even if I had to fill the back seat of my car (in fact I've seen people do that). We never let our wood get low, though. We are lucky to live in timberland so we can cut enough fallen trees on our property to supply the wood stoves in all three houses on the homestead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)