Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think some kids are born mean & agressive?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 282 Replies
2 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Do you think that some kids are born mean and agressive?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 998

View Results

Please vote!

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM
8 moms liked this

it is either enviroment or trashy parents

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM
15 moms liked this

sociopaths can be born that way

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM
13 moms liked this
No.
I think it's the parents job to mold them into the right direction. Lack of discipline creates a monster child. Horrible parents create a monster child. Abusive parents create abusive children. If let's say down the road the child is now a teenager or young adult then during that time the child can either retaliate or put into motion everything their parent has talked them.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM
51 moms liked this
I think we are all born with our personality type. Its what our parents do with it that makes all the difference. My son and I are both hot headed - I have taught him how to handle it so he is not violent where my mother and I would get into major battles.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM
10 moms liked this
I think we are born to be a certain way but our parents and surroundings help also. A lot of things are taught as well.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM
19 moms liked this

this wont be popular but yes. absolutely. my 3 year old is not my first child, he was my 4th. he was destructive and "mean" from the getgo, not a damn thing i could have done to change it. my other kids are nothing like him and i sure hope my 5th isnt either.

lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM
3 moms liked this
All children have to be taught not to be aggressive, so I think all of us are born with some level of aggression and wildness...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM
8 moms liked this
I've known aggressive and mean adults that were born to loving and attentive parents.

It's part what they are born with and part how they were raised. Sometimes it only takes one, but alot of times it's both, at least in my opinion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Some kids have more aggression than others, but I think the difference is how they are (or are not) parented as children. 

she_walk_softly
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM

No. I think when the parents are aggressive the kids see those coping tools and use them themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)