Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think some kids are born mean & agressive?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think that some kids are born mean and agressive?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 998

View Results

Please vote!

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Replies (191-200):
Cherish77
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM

ds can be kind of agressive, but he is pretty sweet natured, he will hit you and smack you, but than turn around and snuggle and kiss you the next minute.

cjsmom1
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I really hope I'm misunderstanding this. You gave up your older child because he's "pure evil". Or did you give him up at birth? Maybe he hit the baby because you loved the baby enough to keep them, but didn't love him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes the boy I gave up is pure evil. He goes around and hits everyone and is awful. He his my 7 month old baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Born that way. I have two kids. One is a perfect angel. The other is just bad tempered. Both kids are treated the exact same way, disciplined the exact same way, have the same exact expectations. Trust me, those of you who say its the parents fault you CAN be wrong. Bad parenting can cause a lot if bad behavior. but of us parents who live it, and treat each of our kids the same way, I can practically guarantee 99% will agree that it is nature, not nurture!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Some kids have aggressive tendencies. Parenting is a very important factor.
Momof697
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I have 6 kids and 1 of them is very aggressive and mean. I think it is just his personality. Not environment or parenting (if it was either of those all my kids would have the same problem.) My other children are well behaved, polite children 

Kirbyjo
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM
It's the whole nature vs nurture question. As someone who was a firm believer of nurture superseding just 10 years ago now after having adopting my son from foster care and reconnecting with a 25 yo family member who was adopted out of my family at birth I am a firm believer of nature. My son has some serious aggression and behavior problems however much of it came from his bio family environment but I can see some serious things that he has gained from nature. Now on my family member who was adopted out has so many characteristics from her bio family that she just innately has. Her adoptive family certainly didn't teach her those things. And finally I think there is a whole other level if behavior issues that come just from having been disrupted from your biological family during adoption. Even being adopted as a baby I know people who deal with behavior issues. I think we gain aggression and behavior disorders from a slew of reasons and not one point can be pinned as the reason for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Born that way. I have two kids. One is a perfect angel. The other is just bad tempered. Both kids are treated the exact same way, disciplined the exact same way, have the same exact expectations. Trust me, those of you who say its the parents fault you CAN be wrong. Bad parenting can cause a lot if bad behavior. but of us parents who live it, and treat each of our kids the same way, I can practically guarantee 99% will agree that it is nature, not nurture!
I believe you; seen it happen too many times.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I was made aggressive by peers.
Mrs.MikeC
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Both, but I think a lot weighs on the parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Until I worked in the infant room of a daycare, I would have said, no, learned not inborn.  But let me tell you I have met some aggressive 3-4 month old babies, ones that seem to do mean things to other babies just to hear them cry.  so in some cases, there is a bit more aggressive personality, but that does not mean they will be "mean", it just means the child is a go-getter and that parents will have to work hard to curb that tendancy into a positive assertiveness and leadership, and not let it become meanness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN