Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my thanksgiving is ruined, now what in the hell am i to do???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies

Ok 2 months ago I made plans to spend thanksgiving with my sister and her family, she is planning a huge get together and it's the last time I will get to see her before her family moves.( over seas) I was really looking forward to it, but then things came up.. 

Now when we made plans it was while my husband was deployed over seas, his 5 year old son was with BM. I cleared my plans with DH JUST like I normally do with other stuff. I got plane tickets for myself and our infant son, DH was planning to just stay home. He doesn't get along with my mother and rather then starting drama he decided to just stay away. Which is fine, he would be board anyways... no tv or anyway to play is video games.

Any ways everything was all set up, until DH decided that he wanted SS to be here for thanksgiving. We have every other holidays with BM, so this year he was suppose to be with her. But because DH was deployed and hadn't seen him in over 6 months he talked BM into letting him be with us, this being after I already made plans and bought plane tickets! So then I had to figure out what I am to do about the SS, DH can't travel that far for from the base he is stationed at without taking leave. Which he has none to spare because we use that for Christmas every year, and he has to work so who is going to watch the lo  for the 5 days I was originally planning to be gone?

So then I had to cancel the plane tickets, I was suppose to leave today. Was really hoping we could just drive the 5 hours, but as I mentioned it's too far way for him to travel with out taking leave. So now I'm stuck at home, 3 days before thanksgiving with nothing to cook.. because I wasnt going to be here and all of this pretty much happened over night.

I know I should just be happy we are together but these plans were made months ago, I think I have every right to be upset about it.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM
6 moms liked this

Why the hell did you cancel your plane tickets? I would have went on to my moms as planned.

YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm confused, why couldn't you still go?
newmom121812
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I would have went and your dh and his bm could figure it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linagma03
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would've gone to my sister's as planned. He talked ex into it he can figure it out. He did it deliberately so that you couldn't go. I am sorry to say that but he did do it deliberately. Were you able to get at least some of your money back? Most of he airlines have cancellation policies and the closer to the departure date the less money you get refunded. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Why did you cancel?  I would have gone on my trip and left it for your husband to figure out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm that was his problem not yours. And its still not last minute anyways and here's plenty of time to get all the turkey shit together since you're apparently not going. Btw, 5 hour drive is not that far. My so has done it without taking leave.
Jenniy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I'd be PISSED

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm that was his problem not yours. And its still not last minute anyways and here's plenty of time to get all the turkey shit together since you're apparently not going. Btw, 5 hour drive is not that far. My so has done it without taking leave.

I was going to say this also. Out of bounds is a lot farther that 5 hrs.

Ashley1113
by Ley on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I'd pack my stuff and take the baby and go!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM

No, I'm out $150

Quoting Linagma03:

I would've gone to my sister's as planned. He talked ex into it he can figure it out. He did it deliberately so that you couldn't go. I am sorry to say that but he did do it deliberately. Were you able to get at least some of your money back? Most of he airlines have cancellation policies and the closer to the departure date the less money you get refunded. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN