Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what are YOUR scariest mommy moments.

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 478 Replies
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Ds falling down a flight of stairs during his very first seizure. Would be mine. It was 6 am. We wete getting ready for a drs apointment. I went to get Arlo out of his crib. I hear this weird sound like some one being strangled then hear boom bom bom SLAM. I set Arlo back in his crib. Ran down the stairs (they T at the bottom). He went down all 14 steps, made tbe corner and was pinned between the freezer and the stairs. If he sliped down zny farther he would have broken his neck. I had to make the decision to leave him and risk him slipping more (mind you he was seizing during this) or move him up to the landin. I moved him up to the landing (its 3 steps up) and put him on his side. Blood was everywhere. Pouring out his nose and mouth. I then called 911. He was still seizing. I was bawling my eyes out but still functioning. Finaly he stoped seizing after about 2 minutes. Then the ambulance came. I grabed all our stuff we would need and Arlo. They put Arlo into a built in car seat and had me ride with them to the childrens hospital 4 hours away. They had him straped into a papoose board. When he woke he was of corse freaked out (still in ambulance). Then panicked even more thinking I left Arlo behind even though I assured him he was in the ambulance with us. He begged to see him and would not stop asking to see him. Well we get to the Er in providence ri (so 40 or so minutes away). They look him over...not a SINGLE broken bone. Not even a chipped tooth. Since aug of 2012 he has had 23 seizures. Seizure free now for 4 months :)

The runner up is finding out my youngest has nerofibromatosis. Its a genetic condition that causes tumors to go. We found out in 2012 I have it and brain tumors from it. He got his offical dignosis this year.
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

happymama0609
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
My youngest got a blind cord wrapped around his neck. He cried for like maybe a minute, I cried for hours and held him most of the day. It happened so fast :/ I took.laundry out of the bedroom and came back to get him off the bed. He could still breath he was just crying cause he couldn't get it off
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
That must have been very scarry!

Quoting happymama0609:

My youngest got a blind cord wrapped around his neck. He cried for like maybe a minute, I cried for hours and held him most of the day. It happened so fast :/ I took.laungry out of the bedroom and came back to get him off the bed. He could still breath he was just crying cause he couldn't get it off

o.O....
by Cara on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM

My middle daughter was born with SVT. We almost lost her at birth, and then when she was 19 months old she had another really bad episode that we couldn't get her out of. None of the medication they gave her worked and she finally had to be cardioverted twice. Pretty sure this kid will give me an ulcer, lol.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Svt?

Quoting o.O....:

My middle daughter was born with SVT. We almost lost her at birth, and then when she was 19 months old she had another really bad episode that we couldn't get her out of. None of the medication they gave her worked and she finally had to be cardioverted twice. Pretty sure this kid will give me an ulcer, lol.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM
My last baby was born with the cord wrapped around his neck twice. I didn't realize it...I just kinda collapsed back once he was pushed out. After a second, I realized I didn't hear him cry. When I asked why, dh looked like he was about to lose it and said "the cord was around his neck". The docs still jad him positioned between my legs so I couldn't see anything. Those were the longest seconds of my life. When he finally started crying, I started crying too.
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

oh no, OP! Poor thing :(

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM
That is scary. Ds (the one pictured above) had that too. Only he was csection so I dont think it got to be to tight around his neck.

Quoting almondpigeon:

My last baby was born with the cord wrapped around his neck twice. I didn't realize it...I just kinda collapsed back once he was pushed out. After a second, I realized I didn't hear him cry. When I asked why, dh looked like he was about to lose it and said "the cord was around his neck". The docs still jad him positioned between my legs so I couldn't see anything. Those were the longest seconds of my life. When he finally started crying, I started crying too.

Kaitlin123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Poor little dude :( Glad he was okay!
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this
He is a tough kid. He was all smiles shortly after. He got taken out to dinner and ice cream.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

oh no, OP! Poor thing :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)