Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Large age gaps??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I'm pregnantwith baby #2 and my son will be 9 by the time this one is born that's a large gap between kids my fear is they will never bound because of the age difference anyone else have kids far apart in age??

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM
We have a 5 yr gap right now. There are times that I think that's too large of a gap. I want one more child but my oldest will be 8 next month. I'm not sure how I feel about a gap that large. My husband and BIL are 10 yrs apart. They have a difficult relationship :-/
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Not me but my mom had my 1st sister when I was 11 years old. She then had my 2nd sister a year later. They were and still are pretty close. I am envious of their relationship and it sucks that I don't have anyone that close to me like they do.

kristen0812
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I don't but my sister is 12 years younger than me and my brother is 14 years younger and we're very close.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
My sisters 8 years older than my youngest sister and they are pretty close. My sister who is 9 years older is somewhat close with her. I am 13 years older than her and she's more close to my son. My sisters 8 my son is 1, but she also has Down syndrome.
mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two boys. The little guy turned 3 last month and the older one will be 13 later this week. They adore each other, but also get on each other's nerves at times. Personally, I like the age difference because I get to have time with the little one while big brother is at school. It is like starting all over, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM

bump

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM
My 2 oldest are 8 yrs apart. (He's 16 & she's about to turn 8). They HATE each other. I don't know what their problem is, but they argue constantly.

My brother & I are 10 yrs apart and we were virtually strangers growinf up. We're very close now, though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM

yes my 2 kids are 10 years apart in age. they are now 12 months and 11 years old. so its only been a year. but they had no problem bonding. they are very close. my son loves playing with his baby sister. and she loves him too. as soon he comes home from school and walks in the door she lights up. can't say how things will be as they get older. but so far, so good. 

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are 9 years apart. 

I don't think you have ANYthing to worry about. 

Of course, I guess that depends on the kid. My oldest is crazy about his little brother. He is seriously the best brother ever. I wouldn't have it any other way. Now, we are expecting baby #3! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM

oh thanks for sharing mama and this one s a boy hopefully cause of right now he still kinda mad,when we 1st told him he locked himself in the bathroom for an hour and refused to get out til i took the baby back lol

Quoting Hot_Badonkadonk:

My kids are 9 years apart. 

I don't think you have ANYthing to worry about. 

Of course, I guess that depends on the kid. My oldest is crazy about his little brother. He is seriously the best brother ever. I wouldn't have it any other way. Now, we are expecting baby #3! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN