Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VA loan closing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

We're closing tomorrow on our house with a VA loan. We got the HUD form from our loan officer that had all the numbers and what not, it said we'd be getting almost $300 back at closing. A few hours later we got it from our realtor and the attorney saying we'd be getting $31 back at closing.. I've been trying to figure out where that difference of over $200 changed but a lot of the wording is different and there's a ton of numbers/sections my heads just spinning lol. I'm mostly just curious how that difference happened, I noticed one thing that was different but it was only like $15-20 difference and it was because one say daily rates for 4 days and the other for 5 days. Anyone else have that? Is there an easier way to figure it out? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM

bump

abecee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Exactly what happened to us.  We were told we would get $315.00 back at closing; didn't happen.  When I asked about it I was told that on a va loan they don't refund they put it toward credits or something that is explained (?) on another page of the closing documents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Well the loan officer said we'd be getting it back and their page said almost $300.... the one from the attorney said $31 or something. I think it'd be coming from the earnest and due diligance we paid out in the beginning...  

Quoting abecee:

Exactly what happened to us.  We were told we would get $315.00 back at closing; didn't happen.  When I asked about it I was told that on a va loan they don't refund they put it toward credits or something that is explained (?) on another page of the closing documents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM

bump

Selfseeker
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I always prefer to get professional advice, that is why I would consider the option of financial consultancy being in your shoes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM
We closed already. our realtor checked all the numbers for us though

Quoting Selfseeker:

I always prefer to get professional advice, that is why I would consider the option of financial consultancy being in your shoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured