Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I wasted $130... fml

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 27 Replies
I got insanity about a month ago in hopes of losing about 20lbs. I've gained 3 lbs and look the same. My wrists are fucked up and I have excruciating shin splints. But I do my absolute best and have been eating better. I just want to feel good about myself again. My son is two, so for the past two years I've loathed my body. No amount of crunches or cardio has done anything. It's complete bullshit and I'm about to give up again.
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM
My mum is obese. She just started on these cambogia tablets. With gentle exercise (swimming) and the tablets she has lost 7kg in a couple of weeks. She says her joints feel a lot better too.
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM
What are you eating? You should be using a food tracker and measuring your foods/ingredients and using a food scale for accurate measure of portions. It's amazing how off portions can be. Also you need to calculate your base metabolic rate. It will tell you how many calories your body needs to function in a coma. Then you can calculate how many calories you need while exercising and loosing weight.
If you don't eat enough you won't loose. If you don't eat te right proportions of fat, carbs and protein you won't loose either.
momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't just jump in to working out hard core. You have to ease into it.

What I did after my youngest was born was, I signed up for a 5k about 5 months out. I started by doing the elliptical for 15-20 minutes a day plus gentle yoga for an hour 2-3 days a week. And slowly worked up to jogging and then full on running. Don't just jump into it and don't give up!! :-)
NBean311
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Insanity is very intense. You may be building muscle in place of the fat. 

daisy_farts12
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Fat

tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Watch what your eating, but also remember with a workout like that you will be gaining muscle to and muscle weighs more than fat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:13 PM
It takes TIME. Just give it a couple months.
Anastacia1988
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM
You could do yoga or Pilates first to warm up for a few weeks. I lost 100lbs by getting a pole in my house to excersise. I also cut out soda and ate sunflower seeds in the shell between meals to keep me from snacking
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM

That looks SO much better than me. lol. I would much rather look like you than me right now. lol.

Quoting daisy_farts12:

Fat

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM
What are you eating every day?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN