Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were raised by your dad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My dad was single and raised me & my brother, he made sure to do all the "mom" things like curling my hair, painting my nails and playing barbie. I was talking with a friend who was also raised by her dad and she's a tomboy, she blames it on the fact that her dad never did girly things, which I don't really think is the reason but it could be .it made me thankful that my dad tried so hard, I remember crying one day after school in 1st grade because all the other girls had their hair curled or fixed really cute for picture day, mine was clean and brushed but I was upset, that evening my dad went to the store and bought hairbows and a curling iron and learned how to fix my hair. He also taught me to shoot guns, hunt, fish, etc.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chibee
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I was rasied by both parents, but I get a lot of my personality from my dad.  I get my strong work ethic from his as well.   Were your parents divorced, or did your mom pass?

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Your dad sounds like a wonderful father. =) I was raised by both my parents, but here's a bump for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I was raised mostly by my grandfather. I'm nit girly at all but I don't think that's his fault. my sister is super girly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM
They were divorced, I'd see her occasionally when her druggie husband allowed it..luckily she has completely changed & were close now and she's married to a wonderful man

Quoting Chibee:

I was rasied by both parents, but I get a lot of my personality from my dad.  I get my strong work ethic from his as well.   Were your parents divorced, or did your mom pass?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I was raised by my dad. He tried so hard with the girly things but I wanted none of it. I am the camping, hunting, and fishing kind of girl. It is so hard that my dd is girly and I have no idea what to do. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I was raised by my dad and he was a rapist. I don't think I'm a tomboy or really girly, I'm more of a laid back, keep to myself kind of person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I'm so sorry

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raised by my dad and he was a rapist. I don't think I'm a tomboy or really girly, I'm more of a laid back, keep to myself kind of person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :) he definitely is a wonderful dad and a wonderful grandpa.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Your dad sounds like a wonderful father. =) I was raised by both my parents, but here's a bump for you.

MommyKarma
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I was not, here is a bump :) 

southernblend10
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I was raised by my dad and he didn't do all the girl things, and I'm in between
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)