Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is that one item you find ridiculous that parents use? Edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

TBH mine would be a bottle warmer. My reason being more stress and hassle in the middle of the night or on a lengthy shopping trip. Another reason being if you use room temperature water you won't have near the problems switching them to regular refrigerated milk at age one. I kind of feel the same way about the wipe warmer. What is that one item you find ridiculous that people use now days? A few items others Have told me are unecessary are!!!!! The leashes warmers bouncy seats diaper genies expensive bottle pack n play crib toddler bed those are just a few of baby items that I have heard are unnecessary.

Thanks to all who commented. I didn't realize it was featured til I got on the computer. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Diaper genie. Bottle warmer. Wipe warmer. Pacifier sanitizing wipes. Those leash backpack things.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:06 AM
9 moms liked this

Full Definition of VOILÀ

—used to call attention, to express satisfaction or approval, or to suggest an appearance as if by magic

Variants of VOILÀ

voi·là or voi·la 

Examples of VOILÀ

1. Students would take notes on their laptops in class, then take their laptops home and do their homework on them. To turn in an assignment, they would simply drag and drop it into the appropriate folder, where the teacher could wirelessly retrieve it. Voilà: the paperless classroom. —Lev Grossman, Time, 3 Nov. 2003

Origin of VOILÀ

French, literally, see there
First Known Use: 1739

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Yup. 

Waste of money. Hold them in your hand for a few minutes or keep them in a warm place. WALLAH! 

Quoting Kaitlin123:

Baby wipe warmer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:06 AM

OH yes I love my Pack n Play. Both girls slept in it for first few months. I could never remember to use the diaper pail

Quoting Kaitlin123:

Pack and Play's are convenient though. Like let's say you are going on vacation, you need somewhere where baby is going to sleep. Diaper pails, I have one so the room doesn't smell like poop or urine

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Oh and bottle and wipes warmer.

Yep lets have a bottle warm in a warmer while baby screams at 4 am for 20 minutes waiting on the bottle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM

my oldest loved her bouncy seat youngest had colick so it was useless. I agree about the sticker readers lol

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

My son loved his boncy seat (if I am thinking that it is the right thing) My friend BURNED her child using the whip warmer, and my pack and play was a lifesaver when I was camping

I find the sticker temp readers silly, like you have a sticker on your forhead to see if your kid has a fever...

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol when I saw the title of this post a bottle warmer was the first thing that came to mind.

Leashes were critical with my oldest (a runner) and diaper genies as well since I am not going to run a nasty diaper out to the outside garbage can in the middle of the night.  I just toss it in the genie and empty it out every couple of days.  Bouncy seats I could have lived without but my kids sure loved them and it made it so I could shower and know that they were going to be happy while I did so.  The pack and play is my number one essential for my youngest.  It is the only bed he has ever had outside of mine and his swing.  None of my kids have ever used toddler beds, even though my oldest was given one.  They prefer the bigger twin size beds.  But wipe warmers, expensive bottles, etc, are all pointless in my opinion.  Even for kids with tummy issues, I've never seen an expensive bottle work any better than a cheaper one.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:08 AM
8 moms liked this

Well spank me with an ignorant paddle.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Full Definition of VOILÀ

—used to call attention, to express satisfaction or approval, or to suggest an appearance as if by magic

Variants of VOILÀ

voi·là or voi·la 

Examples of VOILÀ

1. Students would take notes on their laptops in class, then take their laptops home and do their homework on them. To turn in an assignment, they would simply drag and drop it into the appropriate folder, where the teacher could wirelessly retrieve it. Voilà: the paperless classroom. —Lev Grossman, Time, 3 Nov. 2003

Origin of VOILÀ

French, literally, see there
First Known Use: 1739

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Yup. 

Waste of money. Hold them in your hand for a few minutes or keep them in a warm place. WALLAH! 

Quoting Kaitlin123:

Baby wipe warmer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:09 AM
I used to have one of those. My niece would not take her bottle cold. No big deal for my sil since she never left home but she was with me 50 hours/week and I didn't just sit home.
I know a lot will disagree but I say infant carriers. I hate those things! So many people leave their tiny babies in them way too much.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol I seen someone on a FB swap shop selling one that plugs into your cigeratte lighter lol. I was like Really lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I was totally going to say bottle warmer from your title!

Connorsmommy13
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Oh and this throw away gel pack for reducing fever. Would do the same thing as a cold cloth!

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:09 AM
6 moms liked this
Yup. Just grab a grocery bag and stuff the poo diaper in it, tie it and toss it into the garbage lol.

Quoting Cukimonster:

Diaper genie.  Waste of money! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN