Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

s/o if you were pregnant before marriage

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 151 Replies
Does it bother your children?  At one point, we all do the math of when our parents got married and the date we were born.   Just wondering in this day and age, if it even phases kids to know mommy was preggers first.

Eta: Someone asked this and I thought it was a good question :-)
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamitamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM
My daughters know I was pregnant before marriage...I had one as a teen and was 8 months pregnant with dd #2 when I got married the first time. I never made a big deal about it and they have never seem to care. My mom was pregnant with me when she got married and she always tried to hide that fact from me...I remember doing the math and figuring it out. My husband's mom always claimed she was a virgin bride even when he pointed out that his birthday is 6 months after their wedding day ( he was definitely not a preemie 9 lbs. 2 oz). It bugged him for a long time.
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
My 5 year old didn't seem to care, we just got married 2 months ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
It do doesn't seem to but they are still young.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM

My oldest is 1, it's never been brought up. Idon't know why she would care to even "do the math" , lol.

I guess I don't get why it would even be talked about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
We were married before we got pregnant, but my parents were not married when they first got pregnant. They lost that baby as a f/t stillborn, but I never thought anything much of it. I saw pictures of my mom pregnant at their wedding.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM
We're still not married, my kids haven't said a word...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM
My dd was 6 when we got married. It doesn't make any difference to her. Shes loved just the same. She just thinks its cool we all have the same last name now.
SpiritFortress
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM

It doesn't phase my kids that I was pregnant both times before ever being married. Now that they're 21 and 19 they know how I feel about marriage so they realize it's amazing I was actually ever married at all. 

morgan483
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM

So far my 8yo has never really figured it out. We just celebrated 6y anniversary. I imagine this won't occur until he's got his math down...probably in his late teens. LOL :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN