Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently my daughter eats her peanut butter sandwich at the peanut free table every day....

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 159 Replies
We walked by the lunch tables yesterday and my 5 year old said that's the table I eat at pointing to the table with a big peanut free sign taped to it. She generally takes a peanut butter and jelly daily....
My older daughter said there are just a few kids in the whole school k-12 that have peanut allergies and none in kinder and the table gets cleaned after every class eats but still shouldn't the peanut free table be kept peanut free???
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Well yeah it should be kept free lol  Is she assigned that spot or does she just wander there on her own?

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I think it should.... But I guess as long as they clean it good it's okay.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It's probably due to space, and needing the table for a full sized class during that lunch period.

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see the issue so long as they are cleaning it.

I'd just be concerned that one day someone might forget.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I'm not sure the I think classes all go and sit together I'm assuming she sits there because that's where she's told to sit. But I'm not sure obviously no one told her she couldn't sit there with peanut butter.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Well yeah it should be kept free lol  Is she assigned that spot or does she just wander there on her own?

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:27 PM
22 moms liked this
Yes it should. As a parent who has a child with severely life threatening food allergies I would be pretty upset to find out it wasn't completely peanut free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:27 PM

As long as its being cleaned, I don't see the issue. 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I'm sure it is k-2 eat in one area 3-5 come in after they are done and middle and high school have a split lunch in a different part of the school.

Quoting KairisMama:

It's probably due to space, and needing the table for a full sized class during that lunch period.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Strange. What's the point of having a table like that if people who are eating peanut related foods are sitting there anyways. *mind blown*

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I'm not sure the I think classes all go and sit together I'm assuming she sits there because that's where she's told to sit. But I'm not sure obviously no one told her she couldn't sit there with peanut butter.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Yeah I was confused as well. It's a small
Charter school (one class in each grade) and last year they didn't even have a peanut free area. I think the kids with peanut allergies are 5th grade which would have them eating in the same area as my kinder kid but at a different time.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Strange. What's the point of having a table like that if people who are eating peanut related foods are sitting there anyways. *mind blown*

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)