Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently my daughter eats her peanut butter sandwich at the peanut free table every day....

Posted by   + Show Post
We walked by the lunch tables yesterday and my 5 year old said that's the table I eat at pointing to the table with a big peanut free sign taped to it. She generally takes a peanut butter and jelly daily....
My older daughter said there are just a few kids in the whole school k-12 that have peanut allergies and none in kinder and the table gets cleaned after every class eats but still shouldn't the peanut free table be kept peanut free???
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM

If I was a parent of a child with allergies I think I'd be rather annoyed by all of that. I hope they are cleaning it well.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Yeah I was confused as well. It's a small
Charter school (one class in each grade) and last year they didn't even have a peanut free area. I think the kids with peanut allergies are 5th grade which would have them eating in the same area as my kinder kid but at a different time.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Strange. What's the point of having a table like that if people who are eating peanut related foods are sitting there anyways. *mind blown*

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I'm not sure the I think classes all go and sit together I'm assuming she sits there because that's where she's told to sit. But I'm not sure obviously no one told her she couldn't sit there with peanut butter.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Well yeah it should be kept free lol  Is she assigned that spot or does she just wander there on her own?

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Your post title made me laugh.

yeah you would think that the table would be kept peanut free all day and not just when the kids are eating at it. I wonder if maybe they don't have any kids extremely allegic? IDK< i still wouldnt want to chance it though. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I'd bring it up to the school. As a parent with a child who has allergies they promised me a peanut free table I expect it at all times.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Guess the kids with allergies aren't as allergic as mommy insists they are. I'm shocked!
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Or maybe my kids school doesn't realize the severity of some kids allergies....

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess the kids with allergies aren't as allergic as mommy insists they are. I'm shocked!
imthatgirl0607
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM

The whole peanut allergy thing has become an experiment in social mass hysteria. 

Quoting Anonymous:

amomynous_j
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this

peanut allergies can be "airborne" also.

personally, if i know there are any form of nut allergies at school, i don't send nuts period. 

the 3 schools i'm familiar with where i am are all nut-free. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Then homeschool

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Yes it should. As a parent who has a child with severely life threatening food allergies I would be pretty upset to find out it wasn't completely peanut free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Really? Airborne peanut butter. Maybe if its thrown, lol. 

Quoting amomynous_j:

peanut allergies can be "airborne" also.

personally, if i know there are any form of nut allergies at school, i don't send nuts period. 

the 3 schools i'm familiar with where i am are all nut-free. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM
5 moms liked this

How insensitive!!  you obviously do not have a child with a severe food allergy as you do not understand the severity of it.  Our children have every right to go to a public school and if we are told our child's table is peanut free, it should be at all times.  I feel sorry for your kids.  I hope they grow up to be a better person than you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then homeschool

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Yes it should. As a parent who has a child with severely life threatening food allergies I would be pretty upset to find out it wasn't completely peanut free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)