Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently my daughter eats her peanut butter sandwich at the peanut free table every day....

Posted by   + Show Post
We walked by the lunch tables yesterday and my 5 year old said that's the table I eat at pointing to the table with a big peanut free sign taped to it. She generally takes a peanut butter and jelly daily....
My older daughter said there are just a few kids in the whole school k-12 that have peanut allergies and none in kinder and the table gets cleaned after every class eats but still shouldn't the peanut free table be kept peanut free???
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (151-159):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM
And I am sorry for you that you have a kid that cant read. Look at your post title. You were asking for it.
Quoting LCWAmommy:

Obviously you just want to be a bitch I'm sorry you have such a sad life that you feel the need to say rude things about a 5 year old.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, a special snowflake. How sweet.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Your point would be???? That's what she's going to school for to learn to read write and all the stuff school Teaches that's the whole point of sending a kid to School. She is doing wonderfully and ahead if many kids in her class all of my kids are wonderful readers and I didn't shove it down their throat before kinder.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not my fault she can't READ.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Are you fucking kidding me!? She's 5!! If no one told her that that table is for kids that are allergic to peanuts and might die how is she to know??? She said that's her table meaning that's where she and her whole class sits daily how is she rude to sit where she's supposed to sit? Get a ducking clue a 5 year old that is not around people with allergies doesn't know what is ok and what is not ok unless they are taught since I am just now learning there is even a peanut free table it's obviously not a huge issue at her school and the school is handling how they see fit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does your child not know the meaning of peanut free? And her chomping away with her mouth open is aerosolizing the peanuts, and even the smell sets allergies off.

Rude kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeautifulMomof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I would alert her teacher and find out if they are aware . . It's a serious problem if she eats pb&j at that table every day with other kids who may be allergic . . I would definitely ask some questions . .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat330
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM

YES it should!!  that is a terriable school!!  rediculls//

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Yeah it's amazing how most of the responses are the school should do something about or if it's cleaned it should be fine and then there's the one bitch that feels the need to say rude shit. And for your information my child is doing amazing with reading. I am done with you since you have nothing worth saying about this matter

Quoting Anonymous:

And I am sorry for you that you have a kid that cant read. Look at your post title. You were asking for it.
Quoting LCWAmommy:

Obviously you just want to be a bitch I'm sorry you have such a sad life that you feel the need to say rude things about a 5 year old.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Your point would be???? That's what she's going to school for to learn to read write and all the stuff school Teaches that's the whole point of sending a kid to School. She is doing wonderfully and ahead if many kids in her class all of my kids are wonderful readers and I didn't shove it down their throat before kinder.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Are you fucking kidding me!? She's 5!! If no one told her that that table is for kids that are allergic to peanuts and might die how is she to know??? She said that's her table meaning that's where she and her whole class sits daily how is she rude to sit where she's supposed to sit? Get a ducking clue a 5 year old that is not around people with allergies doesn't know what is ok and what is not ok unless they are taught since I am just now learning there is even a peanut free table it's obviously not a huge issue at her school and the school is handling how they see fit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does your child not know the meaning of peanut free? And her chomping away with her mouth open is aerosolizing the peanuts, and even the smell sets allergies off.

Rude kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:51 AM
You're welcome!

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Yeah it's amazing how most of the responses are the school should do something about or if it's cleaned it should be fine and then there's the one bitch that feels the need to say rude shit. And for your information my child is doing amazing with reading. I am done with you since you have nothing worth saying about this matter

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Rude kid.
suzanneyea
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Your child is not rude. Talk to the school. Stop sending peanut products, especially peanut butter, until it is sorted out. 

foxfyre0923
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Even if they clean it, it still may not be safe enough for a young child who may be severely allergic.  That's why you see  those warnings on all sorts of different foods that say things like "May contain peanuts" or "Prepared in a factory that also shells peanuts" or stuff like that.   Sometimes, even the slightest trace could set off a severe reaction.  And I'm sure the people cleaning the cafeteria are not expertly trained in cleaning.  Often times, at least in the schools where I'm from, they are cleaned by the students themselves.

ladyhazel77
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM

That makes no sense. Peanut free should be peanut free all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
It should be kept peanut free. My girls have celiac and while they don't need an epipen and won't die in minutes, one crumb is enough to send the one to the hospital. I can only imagine how terrifying it would be for a food allergy that can kill in minutes. A lot of people don't realize how thoroughly that table would need to be cleaned. I remind my girls all the time that if their food touches the table they are not to eat it. I frequently bake things for my friends granddaughter who ayes with y girls, and everything is sterilized before I bake for her. Everything. But I'm used to from the celiac we have. A quick wipe down doesn't cut it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN