Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently my daughter eats her peanut butter sandwich at the peanut free table every day....

Posted by   + Show Post
We walked by the lunch tables yesterday and my 5 year old said that's the table I eat at pointing to the table with a big peanut free sign taped to it. She generally takes a peanut butter and jelly daily....
My older daughter said there are just a few kids in the whole school k-12 that have peanut allergies and none in kinder and the table gets cleaned after every class eats but still shouldn't the peanut free table be kept peanut free???
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM

You really are stupid, aren't you?  Wow!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Airborne peanut butter. Maybe if its thrown, lol. 

Quoting amomynous_j:

peanut allergies can be "airborne" also.

personally, if i know there are any form of nut allergies at school, i don't send nuts period. 

the 3 schools i'm familiar with where i am are all nut-free. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I'd say you don't know much about peanut allergies if you think it can be airborne any other way.

Quoting Anonymous:

You really are stupid, aren't you?  Wow!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Airborne peanut butter. Maybe if its thrown, lol. 

Quoting amomynous_j:

personally, if i know there are any form of nut allergies at school, i don't send nuts period. 

twyliatepeka
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:02 PM

What a rebel! lol. That is crazy but I agree probably due to class size.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I'm sure their parents are just as obsessive over it as the women on here are, if the kids genuinely have allergies that severe.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Or maybe my kids school doesn't realize the severity of some kids allergies....

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess the kids with allergies aren't as allergic as mommy insists they are. I'm shocked!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I couldn't agree more.

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

The whole peanut allergy thing has become an experiment in social mass hysteria. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess the kids with allergies aren't as allergic as mommy insists they are. I'm shocked!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM

you would think so. my son took pb&j every day for the entire first month of school before the office sent home a letter saying "just a reminder, here are the classes that have been established as nut free" and his was on it. Um, so since i was never informed and nothing ever happened, i kept sending them. that was last year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM
It's incredibly rare for someone to have a genuine allergy to peanut allergens that are airborne. I'm talking one in a hundred thousand. I'm sure in going to get a bunch of moms up my ass about how I'm wrong, but if you read any research about anaphylaxis in children from peanuts, it's ingested or contact in 99.9% of cases.

Quoting amomynous_j:

susannah2000
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yes it should be. If she is being told to sit there, with a peanut butter sandwich, she shouldn't be. if she is going there on her own, she shouldn't be. If she needs explaining what "peanut free means," it should be. If they aren't supervised at lunch, they should be!

susannah2000
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I couldn't agree more.

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

The whole peanut allergy thing has become an experiment in social mass hysteria. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think so too. I actually think people want production of all nut butters and products banned, seriously, and  I bet they would like anyone who even thinks of eating anything with nuts, banned from schools. I read a post a while back from a woman who wanted the pine trees around her kid's school chopped down, because they had pine nuts that a kid could touch. It's fucking insane, and I think anyone who has a kid with that severe an allergy should be the one kept at home, and not expect everyone else to stop living.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
It's going to be an uphill battle for these allergy laden kids when they have to go out in the real world, assuming mommy and daddy don't follow them everywhere letting the world know about their allergy.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Anonymous:

I couldn't agree more.

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

Quoting Anonymous:

I think so too. I actually think people want production of all nut butters and products banned, seriously, and  I bet they would like anyone who even thinks of eating anything with nuts, banned from schools. I read a post a while back from a woman who wanted the pine trees around her kid's school chopped down, because they had pine nuts that a kid could touch. It's fucking insane, and I think anyone who has a kid with that severe an allergy should be the one kept at home, and not expect everyone else to stop living.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)