Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is bs!!!!!!!! Thanks for ruining the holiday!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
My cousin has been in jail several times for meth. She has a new druggie bf now. She's stolen money, prescriptions and other things from everyone in the family, including her own mom .

We basically have all separated ourselves from her- except for one aunt. Well, my mom and this aunt recently worked out their problems after going 10 years without speaking. Mom invited this aunt to her house to celebrate thanksgiving.......

Aunt takes it upon herself to invite druggie cousin to my moms. Didn't even call and ask if it was ok first. Soooooo Now my mom, Dh and I are running around my mom's trying to figure out how to keep her from stealing shit.

Happy holidays to us!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Dont let her be alone
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
2 moms liked this

put all he valuables in one room and lock the door

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM
The last time she was at my moms, she grabbed a purse full of pills from the medicine cabinet when she was "going to the bathroom" :(

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Dont let her be alone
DamianaFire
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM
4 moms liked this
Good luck with that. Put locks on every door except the bathroom (empty out completely). This way the only places she can be are: kitchen, dinning room and bathroom. Hide EVERYTHING in the locked bedrooms. If anyone asks what's going on, tell them the truth - LOUDLY. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM
5 moms liked this
I'd call aunt up and say the cousin wasn't invited and bc of past theft she is still not invited.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM
We don't have outside locks on the rooms. They can just be locked inside.

I thought about taking all the medicines, jewelry and such to my house! =/

It's just messed up that this should even be an issue when we just wanted to have some fun cooking pies today. Not steal-proofing the house.

Quoting Anonymous:

EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Lock all your doors and hide your pills! It is sad that you have to resort to that though.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I agree with this method.  We had to use it a few times with my alcoholic Uncle.  All the silver, anything valuable that she could lift, put in boxes and put behind a locked door.  Ideally, the door should be in view of many others.  With my Uncle, we put a lock on the door under the stairs.  It was right by the living room, so he couldn't try to break in since so many eyes were always around the door.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM
We can't lock the doors from the outsides. I think we're going to have to take all the valuables to my house. It's just total bs this is even happening :(

Quoting DamianaFire:

Good luck with that. Put locks on every door except the bathroom (empty out completely). This way the only places she can be are: kitchen, dinning room and bathroom. Hide EVERYTHING in the locked bedrooms. If anyone asks what's going on, tell them the truth - LOUDLY. Good luck.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't be hard to install a lock with a key on a door.  They sell them as cheap as $10, and usually even a simple lock is enough to dissuade someone in a crowded home from trying to sneak in.

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't have outside locks on the rooms. They can just be locked inside.

I thought about taking all the medicines, jewelry and such to my house! =/

It's just messed up that this should even be an issue when we just wanted to have some fun cooking pies today. Not steal-proofing the house.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)