Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

was i wrong or was dh being an as*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know there aren't any paragraphs. Sometimes my bar at the top is gone and it doesn't make paragraphs. I will try to edit after i post to see if i can fix it. Here is what happened. DH and I got into a small bicker tonight. Yes it was stupid i know that before anyone says so. We went to go to Wal-mart and it is cold tonight like 35degrees outside, odd weather for Florida. anyways, my dh jacket was in the car and when the kids got in they grabbed it to cover up with it until the car warmed up. He gets all pissy telling them to put his damn jacket down. I was like damn babe, why you being such ass. My dd who is 14 was like well daddy i am cold. and he says well if you put damn meat on your bones you wouldn't have to worry about being cold. Now i want to add, my dd is 5'5 95lbs. She is really skinny, and it is a sore spot for her because she has been teased for it since she was in 5th grade. What makes her look so skinny is her body frame, she has to body frame of a model. My dh and my ds are always teasing her too. My ds does it because his daddy does. I get on to ds because it hurts her feeling because she is always teased at school too. Well when dh said that I looked at dh and I said you know what you need to stop that shit. You needs to talking about being so damn skinny, it is mean and you know how it makes her feel. He keeps on about it and I turn at and said " how would you like it if i said damn babe you have gained a lot of weight maybe you should stop eating and loss some of that meat on your bones. " He slammed on the breaks to the point i smelled my tire burn and pulled over and said everyone needs to shut the fuck up and he said to me and i will tell you if you don't like the way i look then you can go find someone who you do like. I told him babe i don't have a problem with how you look i love how you look but i was letting you know how it feel. that is why i said how would you feel. He said like i said if you don't like how I look go find someone you do. and i said once again , i said it to let you see how it feel to have someone talk about you. I said it doesn't feel good does it. and now think how it would feel to have your own daddy saying this about you after years of being teased at school about the same issues. I said you and david both need to stop talking about her like that. I am tired of it. David does it because he hears you doing it. and you both need to stop it. I personally don't think i was wrong but maybe I was so since i know you ladies are honest i figured i put it out there to get your opinion. so ladies was I wrong or was he being an ass?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

WTF is his problem!?!?! Im so sorry he was being awfyul.

katydid150
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM

He was being an ass, but you could have been more tactful in talking to him about it. 

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM
3 moms liked this
He is a little bitch. You did nothing wrong by comparing the two scenarios. And his sensitive ass needs to be a dad and stop messing with his daughters head ugh
readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM

he couldn't handle your comment...then he shouldn't say things to your DS...you weren't wrong.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM

He was a total ass.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this

He'd have been walking home...without his damn coat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM
You were completely right! You may have needed to be more tactful, but I know with my dh, sometimes he doesn't get it until I am a bitch about something.

And I used to be that girl that was too skinny. And my father figure used to pick on me about it. It killed my self confidence more than any peer every could. As a father, he needs to build his child up, not tear her down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM
OMG, your family sounds nuts!
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM

He is being an ass. And I think you handled it well. Sticking up for your little girl like that was awesome. 

Mommysmadae
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

This. He shouldn't dish it out if he can't take it. Furthermore it's his daughter and he's being disrespectful to her. I'd allow her the next time he comments on her weight she can comment on his. 

Quoting readyforhim:

he couldn't handle your comment...then he shouldn't say things to your DS...you weren't wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)