Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people think Wal mart is trashy?

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't get it. The only trashy thing I've seen is a big hairy crossdresser.
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
People who work at Wal Mart pay taxes also moron !!

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Because they sell disgusting sub-standard products to slovenly, unwashed patrons. 

Also because we, the taxpayers, shoulder the burden or supporting their employees. 

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I honestly never really thought Walmart as trashy until I moved here. This Walmart has every "Walmart stereotype" in it. I hate the place and rather drive 20min to the nearest Target. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Really? Are you sure you've been in some? The parking lot is usually packed and there are 1000 shopping carts strewn here and there with random litter on the floor. Then, when you go to enter you'll usually find 2-3 people smoking out front. Then once you enter you can tell most of the clientele aren't high rollers to say the least. The shelves are usually out of stock of whatever you happen to need seeing as they do "just in time" inventory. Then when you go to check out there is 2 checkers for the 50 people waiting in line. The cashier usually has this dead look in their eyes and just starts ringing your stuff instead of being the least bit cordial. Then you walk to your car and there is a good chance some asshole has gave your car a nice door ding in the 20 minutes you've been inside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Because as I was standing in line today 2 of the cashiers started yelling fuck you to each other.
In front of me was a bearded woman.
OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM
That sounds like a trashy neighborhood problem. Trashy people live and work there and treat customers like pieces of shit. I'm glad the Walmart in my town is nothing like you described or I would definitely avoid it at all costs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Are you sure you've been in some? The parking lot is usually packed and there are 1000 shopping carts strewn here and there with random litter on the floor. Then, when you go to enter you'll usually find 2-3 people smoking out front. Then once you enter you can tell most of the clientele aren't high rollers to say the least. The shelves are usually out of stock of whatever you happen to need seeing as they do "just in time" inventory. Then when you go to check out there is 2 checkers for the 50 people waiting in line. The cashier usually has this dead look in their eyes and just starts ringing your stuff instead of being the least bit cordial. Then you walk to your car and there is a good chance some asshole has gave your car a nice door ding in the 20 minutes you've been inside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM
There's trashy people everywhere.
romalove
by SakePrincess on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Because it caters to the lowest common denominator in a quest to keep their prices as low as possible.

Because the merchandise is shoddy, even as it is cheap.

Because the stores are often dirty.

I have shopped in WalMart in two different states and only a couple of times in each and have hated the shopping experience both times.  My husband bought a watch in a WalMart in Florida, and it broke within two days.  I bought a shirt in one in NJ and it literally came apart at the seams after the first washing, the threads were everywhere.

No thank you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I lived in various larger cities and visit family members up and down the west coast. 7 out of 10 wal-marts I have been to (because yes even though they're not my first choice I'm not going to go out of my way to hunt down a different store to get some tampons or something) are similiar to what I have described. I have been to a few "nice" wal-marts.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO:

That sounds like a trashy neighborhood problem. Trashy people live and work there and treat customers like pieces of shit. I'm glad the Walmart in my town is nothing like you described or I would definitely avoid it at all costs.

Quoting Anonymous:

OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Yeah there's a gross one like 25 mins from me and I avoid it. Sucks because it's really big too, but they always have one cashier, two if you're lucky. Plus my mom and I got threatened by an employee once last year. That was the last time we went to that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

I lived in various larger cities and visit family members up and down the west coast. 7 out of 10 wal-marts I have been to (because yes even though they're not my first choice I'm not going to go out of my way to hunt down a different store to get some tampons or something) are similiar to what I have described. I have been to a few "nice" wal-marts.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Part of the problem I think is just the general vibe. They pay and treat their employees like crap and in general don't get the highest quality workers. So, you can't get help and they just give off the feeling they don't want to be there. Now, compare that to the workers at say Costco who are paid well above minimum wage and get great benefits and you can see a difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)