Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people think Wal mart is trashy?

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't get it. The only trashy thing I've seen is a big hairy crossdresser.
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommysmadae
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM
This
Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Because they sell disgusting sub-standard products to slovenly, unwashed patrons. 

Also because we, the taxpayers, shoulder the burden or supporting their employees. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Cuz the ones in the cities are so busy that they are always dirty and full of assholes.
markswife03
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Walmart has all types of people shopping there. Most of them I see are just regular, everyday people. They don't stand out in any way.

I shop there because it's close and I can buy groceries in addition to the other things I need without making trips to multiple stores.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I think it is funny that the ones who complain loudest don't realize they are outing themselves as walmart shoppers too. LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the point she was trying to make is that WalMart, as a corporation, is notorious for paying their workers a substandard wage, not providing wages which would realistically support a family, thus resulting in exploitation of the (American) lower class, that in which they employ.

Though I do not agree with the perceived generalizing written in the first statement, the second is a very pointed argument from both sides of the debate. 

Quoting Anonymous:

People who work at Wal Mart pay taxes also moron !!

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Because they sell disgusting sub-standard products to slovenly, unwashed patrons. 

Also because we, the taxpayers, shoulder the burden or supporting their employees. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Well let's see. They sell crap, treat their employees like crap, and you always see more trashy people there than any other store.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM
They pay very little to none. Walmart pays them low and tells them to use assistance to get by. Watch the documentary called "The High Cost of Low Prices"

Quoting Anonymous:

People who work at Wal Mart pay taxes also moron !!

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

anony111
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Walmart isn't trashy. A lot of people that visit walmart are trashy!

Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I think Walmart is just fine

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I have to shop there really. It's a 45 minute drive for us to shop elsewhere.I would rather shop somewhere else, but it isn't economically logical to drive an hour and a half to shop. Some things are okay, some are not. Many trashy people shop there but trashy people have to shop too. I've seen trashy people in our more "upscale" grocery store. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)