Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I saw a cop using food stamps

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was at the grocery store today, and I saw a police officer using food stamps. (He was not in uniform, but I know he is a cop).

How is it, that someone that risks his/her life everyday at their job paid so poorly that they qualify for food stamps? There is something seriously wrong with that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
ToniTennille
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM
My cousin who has been in the Navy for probably... 3-4 yrs now needed food stamps a couple years ago until he was promoted. Some of my family members attacked him verbally for it over FB. I couldn't believe it! I tore them up. Here he is serving our country protect us, risking his own life and they had the nerve to do that. Disgusting...
TammyKEJ
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM
6 moms liked this

Wheres all the food stamp haters now?!

slb235
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Why don't you personally ask him why he's using food stamps?

Quoting Anonymous:
I personally know him
Quoting ChewyBrownies:
How do you know he's a cop?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM
My dh was almost a cop. He got I hired as a military police officer and still wanted to work. However in our county and neighboring counties he was looking at $30-$45k a year before taxes. Doesn't seem worth it huh?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I wasn't staring. It's not hard to notice how someone is paying when you hear them say ebt

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop staring at people's methods of payments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I assume police officers are like any other profession. You start out with crappy pay, and gradually work your way up. If he hasn't been on the job that long and has a family to support, I can see how it happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Because it's none of my business

Quoting slb235:

Why don't you personally ask him why he's using food stamps?

Quoting Anonymous:
I personally know him

Quoting ChewyBrownies:
How do you know he's a cop?
Erica705
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I've seen many active duty military using food stamp cards. Not an E2 or E3 but on up there. They may qualify if they have a lot of kids or something? I always thought it was weird and kind of shameful. In the area I live in at least, these guys DO deploy. I don't understand why they can't get pay increases to provide basic needs for THESE soldiers when base housing for officers and the like are so ridiculous. I agree that they're higher ranking and all but really? It just seems disproportionately weighed for the higher ranking military personnel. Idk. Maybe I don't have all the facts. Just my opinion.
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe he was shopping for a elderly neighbor:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM
4 moms liked this

Many of the teachers at my son's school had kids who qualified for reduced lunch and state medical insurance. One of the teachers told me that it was cheaper and better insurance if she put her kids on CHIP than if she paid the several hundred dollars it would cost her to cover her kids on the school's insurance. If you look at the wages of many cops, EMTs, firemen, etc., the salaries are very low for the risks they take.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN